You can’t see me, but you feel me, you can’t touch me, but I can touch you. I have been called the “Breathe of the Gods”, or the killer and giver of life, gentle and fierce, friendly and enemy, angry and happy. The Native Americans called me Moriah, and Snow Eater (Chinook). The Japanese call me Kaze and in Russia I am called Veter. I can shatter homes, or wake a child from a peaceful sleep or bring relief in times of need. I can spread the most dreaded diseases or bring a welcome freshness. What am I?
This is the symbol on a map for a warm front
This is the symbol for a cold front
This is the weather map symbol for an occluded front
The water cycle
Water: a renewable resource
Water is a basic natural resource needed to maintain human and animal life and to grow food
It is a renewable resource
1. Evaporation – Water transferring from the ground into water vapour in the air.
2. Condensation – Water vapour in the air turning back into a liquid.
3. Cloud – Water droplets are held in the air in the form of clouds.
4. Precipitation – Water that falls to the ground in the form of Hail, Rain, Sleet, or Snow.
5. Run – off – Water running over the ground back to the sea.
Water Cycle song
Form only at high levels, therefore are made of ice crystals
All of these different aspects of the weather can be measured.
There are different weather instruments to measure each thing.
These instruments are usually in a weather station.
1. Mean Temperature
2. Temperature Range
Mean Temperature: Add all the monthly temperatures, then divide by 12.
Temperature Range: Take the lowest temperature away from the highest temperature.