ePortfolios in Speech and Language Sciences Creating a Managed Environment for Portfolio-based Reflective learning Anne Whitworth* Simon Cotterill+ Julie Bradford* Tony McDonald+ *School of Education, Communication and Language Sciences +School of Medical Education Development.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
ePortfolios in Speech and Language Sciences
Creating a Managed Environment for Portfolio-based
*School of Education, Communication and Language Sciences
+School of Medical Education Development
1. To focus on work–based learning (the “clinical/practice placement”)
2. To support the reflective learning approach of the CBPS framework used throughout the SLS curricula- focus on real case studies (clients) not virtual or paper based- provide focus for reflection on specific competency areas
3. To integrate existing paper systems for learning outcomes (clinical competency framework) and PDP (personal clinical goal setting)
4. To develop assessment strategies consistent with PBL ethos
e.g. piloting the use of Evidence Logs in the assessment process
PDP / Personal clinical goal setting
Clinical competency framework
1. Is interevention required?
2. Diagnosis and communication profile?
3. Model of service delivery?
4. Intervention planning/goals?
5. Generalisation to real-life?
6. Discharge criteria / planning?
7. Efficacy and effectiveness of intervention?
Reflective blogs in specific areas
Experiences of interprofessional working
Dysphagia (management swallowing disorders)
Some preliminary findings…
Some preliminary findings cont…