1. THE TEXAS REVOLUTION
2. A Study on the Impact of the Texas Revolution Social Studies
For Grades 4 and 7
3. “How does revolution impact a society?” Why would a group of people want to start a revolution?
What would the goals of a revolution be?
What does the government do/not do to make a group feel repressed?
4. UNIT OBJECTIVES Students will be able to recognize and identify the major people, places, and dates concerning the Texas Revolution.
Students will be able to identify and write in their own words how the Texas Revolution impacted Texas and U.S. History
Students will create an original project in the form of a model, poster, presentation, or diagram that simulates what people might have been feeling at this time period.
5. UNIT ACTIVITIES 5 character based letters
Group character biographies (presented via PowerPoint)
Flag project on website
6. Unit Summary Students will be learning about the Texas Revolution in the shoes of three different groups of people; the Tejanos, Texans, and Mexicans. Students will understand the key events that took place before, during, and after the Revolution and the important people, places, and dates involved in accomplishing these events. At the end of this unit, students should be able to recognize the important components of the Revolution, and how it impacted both Texas, and America.