Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. The Planets
2. Our Solar System There are 9 planets in our solar system, which is called the Milky Way
The inner planets are: Mercury, Venus, Earth, and Mars
The outer planets are: Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto
They are separated by an asteroid belt
3. Mercury: 1st planet from sun and 8th largest
Diameter: 4,880 km
Has only been visited by Mariner 10
Most cratered planet
In roman mythology Mercury is god of commerce, travel, and thievery, and is the Greek god Hermes, the messenger of the Gods
4. Venus: 2nd planet from the sun
Shows phases when viewed with a telescope from the Earth
Brightest object in the sky except for the Sun and Moon
Is sometimes regarded as Earth’s sister planet
5. Earth: The 3rd planet from the sun and the 5th largest
Only planet with liquid water
More importantly we live on Earth
Has only one natural satellite, the moon
6. Mars: 4th planet from the Sun and 7th largest
Possibly liquid water on Mars
Mars is the god of war, and this planet’s color is red
7. Jupiter: Jupiter is the 5th planet from the sun, and the largest planet.
Jupiter is the 4th brightest object in the sky.
Jupiter’s moons: Io, Europa, Ganymede, and Callisto.
Visited by 5 different spacecrafts.
8. Saturn: 6th planet from Sun
Saturn’s most attractive features is the rings.
Its rings are in order by there discovery: D, C, B, A, F, G, & E.
9. Uranus: It’s the 7th planet from the sun.
Uranus was the 1st planet discovered in modern times.
Uranus was visited only by Voyager 2 on January 24, 1986.
10. Neptune: Is the 8th planet from the sun.
Diameter: 49,532 km
Based on predictions from Adams and Le Verrier, Galle and d’Arrest 1st observed Neptune.
11. Pluto: Is no longer considered a planet
It’s the farthest from the sun
Pluto hasn’t been visited yet.
12. Pictures: (in order from sun)
13. There are Nine Planets in our Solar System! Mercury
14. Use this Acronym to Remember the Nine Planets in their order from the Sun! My……………. Mercury
15. Which is the 6th planet from the sun? Neptune
16. Oops...Try again!
Review your acronym of the nine planets before returning to the question!
17. That is Correct! ?
The 6th planet from the sun is Saturn!