Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. The Patrol System Background
2. The Patrol System Baden Powell – Experience in army
"The Patrol System is not one method in which Scouting can be carried on. It is the only method" Lord Baden-Powell, Founder of the Scout Movement
3. Structures in Scouting
4. The Patrol Patrol Leader
Assistant Patrol Leader
5. What identifies a Patrol Patrol name
Patrol call, song, yell….
The Patrol Box etc…….
6. What identifies a Patrol Planning activities
Competing against other patrols
7. The Bundle of Sticks
8. The Patrol as a Team Work towards a Goal
Defend your Goal
9. The Patrol Leader "It is up to the Patrol Leader to take hold of and to develop the qualities of each Scout in his patrol. It sounds like a big order, but in practice it works."
Lord Baden-Powell, Founder
10. Styles of Leading a Patrol NO LEADERSHIP - ‘Muddling’ along, popularity
DICTATORSHIP – bossing, no consulting
BY CONSENT – accept, respect, leader
11. The Scout Law We do our best to live by the following code
1. Scout is trusted. 2. A Scout is loyal. 3. A Scout is friendly and considerate. 4. A Scout is a friend to all Scouts. 5. A Scout has courage in all difficulties. 6. A Scout makes good use of time and is careful of possessions and property. 7. A Scout has respect for themselves and for others
12. The PLs Job Bond the Patrol together
Develop team spirit – one for all……
Be enthusiastic and encouraging
Welcome and help new members
Show example and responsibility
Listen, Listen, Listen and Talk to patrol
Delegate work – fairly and by talents
Represent patrol – Court of Honour etc
13. Our Code of Behaviour
14. Court of Honour PLs and APLs
Meet separate to Troop Meetings
Discuss scout ideas
Address conduct that breaks scout law
15. How????? Division into patrols
Who should be PLs and APLs?
Court of Honour Meetings?
How would we know it was working?