Team 2. Katie Belau. Drew Heller. Curtis Bishop. Alan Huffman. Josh Deal. Chris Kirkum. Jared Elmiger. Steven Miller. Adam Fosnaugh. Robert Ritzman. David Hamilton. James Rutti. Flow Chart. Team Leader Katie Bealu. Assistant Leader Adam Fosnaugh. David Hamelton Sub Team 1.
Sub Team 1
Sub Team 2
Introduction of quality systems
Total Quality Movement.
Quality Functions Deployment.
* CAD was used to make a 3-D model of our product, “the gunner”.
* By using this, it gave us an excellent visual to base our product look and size.
* Computer networking was used all throughout the course, by the electronic chat room and the threading of messages and SDA’s/RCA’s.
* The internet was used by allowing us to use the electronic chat room and threading. Also, finding valuable sites for the IRBCA was done through the internet. Without the internet, this course would be totally different.
* We used automation with our PVC pipe cutting to increase the ROI, which made our production quicker and easier.
* The computer was used to keep track of our SDA’s, RCA’s, power points, and threads.
The jig will be bolted to the table so it won’t move.
The jig will help the worker cut the pieces faster because they won’t have to measure any. They will slide the PVC pipe until it makes contact with the jig then cut the piece.
The pieces will all be closer to the same length than if the worker had to measure each piece and line them up with the blade.
The jig will help quality for the Gunner.
- The quality will be better because the pieces will be closer to the same length. This will make sure that none of the pieces are too short to hold the pop can.
The jig will give us an ROI.
- The jig will give us an ROI because it is saving us quality costs. Because of the jig we may not have to have someone check the part. This person can now do other things instead. The jig will also cause fewer pieces to need to be thrown away because of being too short.
Due to mass production it took us an average of just under 9min per gunner, while when we just built one it took us about 40min.