Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
A METHOD FOR IMPLEMENTING PRIVACY-PRESERVING SECURITY SURVEILLLANCE BY APPLYING CRYPTOGRAPHIC TECHNIQUES ON A REAL-TIME EMBEDDED DSP FRAMEWORK. Presented By- Ankur Chattopadhyay CS591 PROJECT SPRING 2007. Background Of The Problem. Today’s surveillance mechanism leads to “privacy invasion”
A METHOD FOR IMPLEMENTING PRIVACY-PRESERVING SECURITY SURVEILLLANCE BY APPLYING CRYPTOGRAPHIC TECHNIQUES ON A REAL-TIME EMBEDDED DSP FRAMEWORK
CS591 PROJECT SPRING 2007
“Eyes” Of A Camera Always Watching You Everywhere
- Employment of CCTV moving crime out of the camera boundaries
- Criminal acts committed in a private location, such as a locker room or restroom
- Existing surveillance technology lowering privacy for the average person
- Simultaneously, pushing crime further out of the view of the cameras
How to apply technology in the right way and at the right place to enhance security while protecting fundamental privacy rights of individuals?
- Future model of surveillance camera with privacy protection
Blackfin DSP Module
Omnivision CMOS Camera Module
Integrated System: PrivacyCam
- detection of the region to protect
- encryption of that region
Capture image from the camera
Detect the region to protect (using face detection, skin detection, motion detection or other methods)
Use encryption key, generate session key and store the secured key, along with the protected region information, as embedded within the image
Carry out encryption on the region to protect, and pass on the encrypted data to the image compression process pipeline
- Compare the obtained difference with a model threshold value. If the majority of the coefficient differences are greater than the threshold, we encrypt (encode) that block, otherwise we don’t encrypt that block (for my research I have used JPEG image compression)
Fundamental Concept: Due to algorithm Z, it’s nearly impossible to recover data X from ciphertext Y without key W. “Guessing” the key W through exhaustive search is generally infeasible.
Some sample images from our PrivacyCam application while monitoring a private household. Each frame with a changing object is followed by an encrypted version. Here the human face region has been protected for hiding individual identity, thereby enhancing privacy.
- PrivacyCam allows general surveillance to continue, without disrupting the privacy of an individual
- old home centers for elder care
- trouble-prone zones of school/university
Elder Care Center
Examples of incidents of violence and trespassing at campus