Montana Math and Science Teacher Initiative. MMSTI. Friday, 1 May 2009 ~ Front Street Learning Center, Helena MT. Math and Science Education: A National Imperative. President Obama’s Speech to the National Academy of Science Science Math Teacher Initiative, APLU - University Commitments:
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Montana Math and Science Teacher Initiative
Friday, 1 May 2009 ~ Front Street Learning Center, Helena MT
PB= Post-BaccalaureateBac.= Baccalaureate
C1= Class 1 Licensure (Master’s)C2 = Class 2 Licensure (Standard)
K-8 Montana Institutional Data (8 of 9 Campuses Reporting); 2006-2008.
5-12 Montana Institutional Data (7of 8 Campuses Reporting); 2006-2008.
* 2008 Montana Institutional Data: K-8 (8 of 9 Campuses Reporting); 5-12 (7 of 8campuses
** Total Vacancies Posted as of April 29, 2009 on OPI, MSU, and UM websites.
*** K-8 Vacancy Data = 15 out of 44 posted vacancies are for middle school math or
State Level Data
Time Frame: Semester/Quarterly
Time Frame: To be Determined
Leadership from the Governor and First Lady
Science Curriculum Specialist
Mathematics Curriculum Specialist
Level IProvides the basic introduction and orientation to the revised Montana Content Standards and Performance DescriptorsLevel IIProvides high quality, job-embedded training in strategies for developing, implementing and evaluating learning experiences that:~are standards-based ~integrate Indian Education for All ~exemplify best instructional practiceLevel IIICreates and sustains a network of experienced Montana educators who advocate and disseminate the ideas and methods that exemplify best instructional practices.
- ESEA Title II, Part B
- State education agencies,
- institutions of higher education,
- local education agencies, elementary schools, and secondary school.
- East Middle School, Butte
- Montana Tech of UM
- Townsend and Bozeman Schools
- Montana Learning Center
- Big Sky, Butte, Hamilton, Sentinel High Schools
- U of M – Missoula
- Nine Region III Class C Elementary Schools
- Montana Small Schools Alliance
- Montana Education Consortium
- Montana Tech, U of M and MSU
- Bozeman and Helena Area Schools
- Headwaters Academy
- Montana Learning Center
- Five year project with elementary and middle schools
- Presentation at National SEC Webinar May 22
Director, Science Math Resource Center
Montana State University
Examples and Lessons for Montana
Associate Professor, Department of Physics
University of Colorado - Boulder
Strategies for Moving MMSTI Forward