2. . Discussion PointsPIERS HistoryThe NumbersVessel Manifest Data Availability and its importanceWhat's new ? . Global Intelligence Solutions. 3. The Commonwealth Business Media OrganizationAlan Glass, Chairman, President and CEOEstablished 2000, Directory buyout from Primedia Information, I
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. 1 International Trade Data Users, Inc. May 4, 2004
Jeffrey W. Campbell
Director Of Operations
and Customer Support
5. 5 What is PIERS?
6. 6 What do we do? In cooperation with CBP (F.O.I.A.) collect and then report international trade data from bills of lading and in electronic form
Audit, standardize and perform a quality review of all records in our database
Add value to raw transportation data
8. 8 DATA Sources All U.S. Waterborne Vessels
Imports - AMS (Automated Manifest System)
Exports - Bill of Lading
AES (Automated Export System)
International Data Sources – partnerships with Foreign Customs and private data providers
Argentina Brazil Chile China Colombia Costa Rica Ecuador Guatemala India Korea Mexico Peru Uruguay Venezuela
9. 9 The Numbers We deliver 16 million records per annum!
Over 30 million commodities and codes !
Thousands of Shippers & Consignees !
Thousands of vessels audited !
PIERS data available from 1950 to present
10. 10 Experience PIERS Operations Management Team averages 17 years of experience with PIERS
332,000 Hours per annum of value added to raw data
14. 14 PIERS IMPORT DATA SAMPLE
18. 18 What’s new ? 24 Hour Rule
Increased Volume (up 40% !!)
1,200 NVOCC’s filing on AMS for the first time
Visibility to true importers & exporters and commodities
“Special Bill” rule of Jan 10th, 2004 – Master & House Bills on NVOCC shipments
20. 20 Summary ITDU members are interested in “Accurate, timely, and comprehensive trade information”
….. we at PIERS believe we offer a valuable service to the international trade community and have one of the most comprehensive, historical databases in the Maritime Industry – PIERS data is available from the 1950’s to the present !
21. 21 Thank You!