Cytotoxic T cell. Helper T cell. T H. Tc. T cell receptor. Fragments of foreign protein. Class II MHC protein. Class I MHC protein. Fragments of foreign protein. Antigen presenting cell. infected target cell. Helper T cells: • Express CD4 molecule on the cell surface.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Cytotoxic T cell
Helper T cell
T cell receptor
Helper T cells:
• Express CD4 molecule on the cell surface.
• Recognize antigen peptides bound to class II MHC molecules (exogenous or ingested antigens).
• Provide help to B cells, macrophages and other T cell effector responses though the production of cytokines
Cytotoxic T cells:
• Express CD8 molecule on the cell surface.
• Recognize antigen peptides bound to class I MHC molecules (endogenously produced antigen such as viral antigen).
• Kill infected target cells.
NFAT Z Construct
Detection of ß-Galactosidase:
Upon addition of its chromogenic substrate, chlorophenol red galactoside (CPRG), ß-galactosidase hydrolyzes CPRG, turning it from a yellow color to purple at alkaline pH.
The color changs thus provide a convenient measure of gene transcription activities during T cell activation.
Ras, Rac, PKC
Ras, Rac, PKC
1. Mammalian cell culture:
Goal: learn how to count cells using a hemacytometer
Learn to grow mammalian cell lines
2. Signal transduction lab:
Examine the effects of various inhibitors and activators on
This week’s experiments
How to count cells using a hemacytometer?
Cell unit per box: 1 x 104 cells/ml
Blue cells : 3 x 104/ml