7 th -14 th grade Health Academy Pipeline Program between Andrew Hill High School & Sylvandale Middle School. Mary Metz-Foley, Iqbal Chadda, Greg Dawn, Haima Aczon. Mission Statement.
Mary Metz-Foley, Iqbal Chadda, Greg Dawn, Haima Aczon
* All student members will graduate from Andrew Hill High School & Sylvandale Middle School while completing admission requirements for post-secondary education.
* Opportunities for student involvement in the health professions will be offered
* We will offer students enriching experiences to explore various health careers through community partnerships.
Susan Tidyman ( CASN) and Superintendent Porter have had a history of positive experiences setting up career academies across the country over the past 25 years to help transform struggling high schools.
Through that experience we learned the importance of setting up an effective steering committee to oversee each academy and smaller learning community. This is also is a requirement for sustainability (via the research).
* The terms "advisory board" and "steering committee" are used interchangeably.
Opportunities for your school:
1. Minorities 2. Women 3. ELL
4. Men in nursing 5. Special Ed students
6. At-risk youth
Student Clubs provide students with volunteering opportunities, service learning projects, leadership skills, presentation skills, and community engagement
7 For A Career Academy*th & 8th Career Exploration
What For A Career Academy*is HOSA-JUMP?
How to get For A Career Academy*JUMP HOSA started!
Programs of Study For A Career Academy*To insure that students participate in successive experiences that build upon previous ones. Sequencing of instruction helps a student become more goal oriented.
Micromanage until programs are established
Be dependable for all students and faculty
Students will value school and their experiences.
Students will be productive members of the workforce.
Students will credit the school with their success.