Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Surface Area of Prisms and Cylinders Lesson 9-8
2. Vocabulary A net is a pattern you can fold to form a three-dimensional figure.
3. The surface area of a three-dimensional figure is the sum of the areas of its surfaces.
Find the area of each surface, and add all the areas together.
4. Example 1
5. Add up the areas to find surface area.
6. Surface Area of a Cube A cube has 6 congruent square faces.
Find the area of one face, and multiply it by 6.
8. Surface Area of a Cylinder A cylinder consists of two circle bases and one rectangular side.
The length of the rectangle is equal to the circumference of the circle.
Find the area of the circles and add it to the area of the rectangle.
10. Put the areas together:
11. Homework Time