高二下期中考试订正. 2010.4. Listening Comprehension. Section C: Blanks 17-20 17. Grandpa and granddaughter 18. volleyball game 19. maths program 20. easy. Grammar. 21-41 语法. Grammar. 21-48 语法. Vocabulary. 重点词汇（请查询 《 词汇手册 》 并记录其意义及词性在订正卷上）. breakthrough rank suit disadvantage 体育赛事常用词：
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Section C: Blanks 17-20
17. Grandpa and granddaughter
18. volleyball game
19. maths program
56. head (vt.) 负责，主管
59. computing (n.) 计算机操作（作为职业或商业用途）
62. require sb. to do sth. 要求某人做某事
64. It’s no surprise that 毋庸置疑
74. (Para. 2) The brilliance of S. Brin and L. Page
75. (Para. 2) By word of mouth口传信息
76. (Para. 3) …meet their price
77.(Para.4) …advertising/advertisements/making advertisements
78. deliver a speech.做演讲
last (for) +一段时间 持续…
79. refuse to do拒绝
the murder/murdering case/killing case/case of murder谋杀案
80. over 90% of the residents90%以上的居民
81. diligence勤奋/strong desire for knowledge强烈的求知欲
82. complain about…/that…抱怨
78. The speech that famous professor delivered / gave / made lasted more than two hours.
79. The police refused to release more information about the murder.
80. The research / study indicates that over / more than 90% residents / citizens / inhabitants are not satisfied / content with the high house prices / high prices of houses / high housing prices.
81. The student impressed the teachers with diligence and strong desire for knowledge.
82. The consumers complain(ed) that the quality of the product is (was) very poor / bad / terrible.
The class had a discussion on whether or not to learn English in one’s childhood. Some held the view the it’s necessary to do so, because one owns a better memory in his childhood, which enables him to memorize a large vocaulary. Moreover, it can lay a solid foundation for further English study. The other students held the opposite opinion, considering that a child might mess up Chinses pinyin and English words, which may interfere with further study of English and Chinese. As a result, they failed to reach an agreement.
In my point of view, whether or not to learn English in childhood depends on one’s ability. Since not everyone is born equalin terms of t alent, it’s hard to draw a general conclusion about the topic. On the other hand, what matters is not the starting point of learning, but the strong will and diligence.
So, one should be aware of his own ability. Once he starts learning, he should work hard.
Directions: Write an English composition in 120-150 words according to the instructions given below in Chinese.