Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be sold or licensed nor shared on other sites. SlideServe reserves the right to change this policy at anytime. While downloading, If for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. 2/21/2012date/time Product Change Notification - An overview for TE Connectivity customers
2. February 21, 2012 page 2 / Product Change Notification What is PCN?
Product Change Notification is the process by which TE Connectivity notifies its customers about the impending changes to existing parts/documents. The PCN is also the mechanism by which customers with Agreements are notified to solicit their “approval”.
What triggers a PCN?
Part being modified (part revision change) – automated
Part being discontinued - automated
Manufacturing location of a part is changed – manual
Customer Drawing is being revised – automated
Class 1 document (non EC controlled docs) is being revised – manual
RoHS alternates – manual
3. February 21, 2012 page 3 / PCN Current Process
4. February 21, 2012 page 4 / What are the Constituents of PCN? TE Connectivity Parts (includes part Aliases & Customer Part Numbers if known)
Superseding Part Numbers if applicable (Discontinuance only)
Class 1 Document
Customer Drawing, Data Sheet,….
Class 2 Document
Restricted Customer Drawing, Standards/Specs,…
Class 2 docs are not sent to customers
Class 3 Document
Production Drawing, Standards/Specs, …
Class 2 docs are not sent to customers
Description of Change
Reason for Change
Discontinuance: Last Order Date & Last Ship Date
Part Revisions: First Date to Ship & Last Date for Mixed Shipments
5. February 21, 2012 page 5 / Different Types of PCN’s Standard : - Generally speaking, the PCN’s which inform the customers about the engineering changes to the products are called Standard PCN’s. These includes discontinuance as well as ROHS PCN’s.
Manufacturing Location Change PCN’s : - PCN’s which notify the customers about the change in the manufacturing location of the parts or products are called Manufacturing Location Change PCN’s.
6. February 21, 2012 page 6 / Who is the PCN application's audience? Customers (direct subscriptions and notification via SE/GAM)
Sales Engineers (parts with sales history)
Person one level above SE in sales hierarchy
Global Account Managers (parts on an Agreement)
Employee users (lookup PCN’s, lookup recipient history, etc)
eCommerce PCN Creator
PCNalert – 3rd party PCN notification system
Flat file also sent to select customers (not recommended) – mainly distributors
7. February 21, 2012 page 7 / What are different Customer Agreements? Agreement 49 : TE Connectivity agrees that customers will be notified of proposed part revisions changes (typically Fit/Form/Function) via a PCN and that the change will not be implemented without prior approval of the customer or expiration of a 90 day wait period (wait period is customer specific)
Responsibility of the Customer Advocate in EC.TEC
Agreement 91: TE Connectivity agrees that no manufacturing location will be moved from one location to another location without written notification 60 calendar days prior to the move.
8. February 21, 2012 page 8 / How are the impacted Customers identified? Based on the Sales history : If the customer has purchased a particular part within the last two years, TE Connectivity will identify the customer as an impacted customer.
Based on Customer Agreement : The customer may have entered an Agreement with TE Connectivity for approval/notification of changes.
Based on Part Number Subscriptions: The customer may not have a sales history or a Customer Agreement in existence, but still may want to know about a specific part.
9. February 21, 2012 page 9 / How does the Customer Receive PCN? Notification based on Subscriptions: once an SE has created an eCommerce account on behalf of a customer, the customer must create subscriptions at the ecommerce web site. They are sent the email notifications directly by the PCN application.
Notification based on Sales Assignments: It is the responsibility of the SE to notify customers of PCN changes and/or product discontinuance especially for those customers who do not have direct PCN subscriptions.
Notification based on Customer Agreements: It is the responsibility of the EC.TEC Customer Advocate to coordinate communication with GAM to ensure that customers with Agreements are aware of the change being proposed on the PCN and where applicable “approve” the change.
10. February 21, 2012 page 10 / How does customer get PCN from eCommerce System? To get the PCN from ecommerce directly, the customer must be registered at the ecommerce web site of TE Connectivity.
This is a two step process
Individual Registration :-
Customer has to click on the register link when he/she visits www.tycoelectronics.com for the first time. This step will cover the following processes:
Entering Personal Information
Verification of email address
Acceptance of the End User legal agreement.
11. February 21, 2012 page 11 / Next…. Secure Access: The customer requests the required security on TE Connectivity eCommerce web site. This is subject to approval from an SE or the Customer’s Company Security Administrator.
12. February 21, 2012 page 12 / What activities can a customer perform in PCN? Customers can perform the following activities at TE Connectivity Web Site.
Create and maintain Customer account subscriptions.
Look Up PCN’s impacting them.
For creating the part number subscriptions , customer have to request the Sales Engineer create a PCN account on their behalf. Customers cannot enter these subscriptions directly.
13. February 21, 2012 page 13 / “Subscribe By Customer” screen Select the account to which customer want to subscribe from the displayed list of accounts he/she has access to.
14. February 21, 2012 page 14 / “Subscribe By Customer” screen Select the option to receive email notifications.
Subscriptions can also be deleted using this same screen.
15. February 21, 2012 page 15 / “Subscribe By Customer” screen By subscribing at the customer account level , the customer can also see the customer part numbers on the PCN form.
16. February 21, 2012 page 16 / Lookup PCN’s Customers can search old PCN’s by clicking the “Lookup PCN’s” option on the PCN Home page.
17. February 21, 2012 page 17 / Lookup PCN Result screen
The “Accounts Impacted” column in below screen, shows count of all the customer accounts which have been impacted for the customer.
18. February 21, 2012 page 18 / Account List Screen
19. February 21, 2012 page 19 / Parts/Documents list screen Customer can click on the no. in “# parts/Documents Affected” column to go the parts/document list.
20. February 21, 2012 page 20 / How does the Customer get notified? An email is sent to customer at the end of the day , which lists all the PCN’s which have impacted that customers based on his sales history, customer agreement or part number subscriptions. Summery information for each PCN is provided. Customer can click on the customer name in the “Affected Customers” section which opens up the PCN form.
21. February 21, 2012 page 21 / Sample Email Summary
22. February 21, 2012 page 22 / PCN Contents Customer Name,
Customer account #,
Customer Agreement # ( if available),
Customer Part Numbers ( if available),
Parts & Documents affecting the customer.
23. February 21, 2012 page 23 / Customer PCN Form
24. February 21, 2012 page 24 / PCN Form Continued…..
25. February 21, 2012 page 25 / Whom shall the Customer contact for clarifications? SE : In case the clarification is required for any particular PCN.
PCN Admin : For all other PCN related queries, customer can send an email to email@example.com.
Ecommerce Help Desk : In case the clarification is required about ecommerce web site.
“Quick Reference Guide” is also available in PCN home page at TE Connectivity ecommerce web site.