Chemical Management in Laos. Status of Regulation and Laws for Chemical Management in Laos. - Environment Protection Law - Agriculture Law No 01/98.PM, dated 10/10/98 Regulation for the management and usage of pesticide No 0886/FAM, Dated 10/03/2000 ( 3rd revised )
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
- Environment Protection Law
- Agriculture Law No 01/98.PM, dated 10/10/98
- Decree On Import and Export Management
Responsibility between Agriculture and Food & Drug Department
Some activities concerned to the Hazardous chemical in Laos
- The Hazardous Chemical Strategic for the year 2006 to 2020 Plan and Action Plan for 2006 - 2010 was drafted in 2004 and the need of HCSAP is to
- Addresses the environmental problems related to the import, production, usage, and disposal of hazardous chemicals.
Designed to communicate the government’s policy on hazardous chemicals and raise awareness;
Promotes sustainable development, poverty eradication and improving people’s livelihoods
1.An effective national reporting system to register the import, production, use, emission, export and disposal of hazardous chemicals, as well as products containing the chemicals;
2. An operational national system to incorporate cleaner production solutions in all manufacturing and service sectors, as well as in households;
3. An effective national collection system for waste fractions containing hazardous chemicals throughout the country;
4. Strengthened organizational structures, involving all key stakeholders, as well as facilities that can support the incorporation of cleaner production solutions and provide laboratory facilities, information centers, legislation, financial mechanisms, and a monitoring program;
5. Capacity building of relevant staff down to the village level throughout the country; and
6. Awareness raising campaigns directed toward key stakeholders and the public on the risk of HC;
Duration of the project 2 years.
Project expected outcomes:
The main outcome of this project is the National Implementation Plan (NIP),
In this project also Conducted the Preliminaries inventoriesfor POPs as follow:
there are no any Chemical manufacturing in Laos, all of Chemical used is imported