Unit 10: Constitution. Articles of Confederation. First gov’t of US after Revolution Unicameral legislature Each state had one vote. Strong state gov’t & weak federal gov’t Federal system: Power is divided into levels. Could and could not chart. What powers did the federal gov’t have?.
What powers did the federal gov’t have?
1. Make laws * 1. Enforce laws
2. Control the military 2. Collect taxes
3. Organize treaties 3. Elect a single leader
4. Amend the Articles~4. Establish a national court
* Needed 9 out of 13 approval 5. Regulate trade
~ Needed unanimous approval 6. Regulate the money supply
What ideas were used to develop our Constitution?
3. Which compromise had the biggest effect on our country? Why?
- You must recite the Preamble by Friday, April 12th
2. Seven Articles
I. Legislative Branch
II. Executive Branch
III. Judicial Branch
IV. Relations among states
V. Amending process
VI. National Supremacy
VII. Ratification process