CHARACTERISTICS OF IMAM MAHDI (A.S). Son of Imam Hasan Askari (AS), 11th ImamBorn on 15th of Shaban 255 AH/869 ADHis father was martyred so he became the Imam in 260 AH/874 ADWent into minor occultation in 260 AH/874 ADWent into Major occultation in 329 AH/944 AD. He will reappear when Allah wi
1. IMAM AL MAHDI (A.S) SAAJID SHERIFF.
2. CHARACTERISTICS OF IMAM MAHDI (A.S) Son of Imam Hasan Askari (AS), 11th Imam
Born on 15th of Shaban 255 AH/869 AD
His father was martyred so he became the Imam in 260 AH/874 AD
Went into minor occultation in 260 AH/874 AD
Went into Major occultation in 329 AH/944 AD
3. He will reappear when Allah wills
Title - Al-Mahdi, The guided one
Name - Muhammad ibn Al Hasan (AS)
His lineage, traced back to Imam Ali (AS), including the 11 Aimmah
4. DOUBTS REGARDING IMAM MAHDI (A.S)
5. How can a five year old boy become the Imam of mankind ?
But she pointed to the baby. They said How can we speak to one who is yet a baby in the cradle? He (Jesus) said Indeed I am a servant of Allah! He has given me the Book and made me a prophet. He has made me blessed, wherever I may be, and He has enjoined me to the prayer and to pay the zakat as long as I live.
6. "'O Yahya! Hold on with power to the Book, ' And We gave him the judgement while still a child." (Quran 19:12)
Prophet Sulayman who was appointed by Allah the heir of his father, Prophet Dawud, and became the king of his community while he had not yet reached the age of puberty.
7. Every human is mortal. How can Imam Mahdi (a.s) live so long?
Prophet Nuh (a.s) - 2500 years (Quran, Al Ankabut, 29:14)
Prophet Isa (a.s) - still alive and is 2042 years old.
Prophet Khidr (a.s) - still alive, been on earth for more than 3000 years
People of the cave (AhlulKahf) slept in the cave for 309 years
Story of Prophet Uzair (Quran, Suratul Baqarah, 2:259)
8. Prophet Luqman (AS) - 3800 years
Prophet Sulaiman (AS) - 700 years
Prophet Hud (AS) - 464 years
Prophet Adam (AS) - 930 years
Prophet Shish (AS) - 900 years
Bibi Hawwa (AS) - 930 years
Prophet Idris (AS) is alive, is thousands of years old
SHAYTAN IS ALIVE AND WILL BE UNTIL THE DAY OF JUDGEMENT
9. Is Imam Mahdi (AS) in a cave right now? Then where?
Last seen in a cave when he disappeared. Does not mean that he is confined to a cave
Its said that Shias believe that he is in a cave not true
Imam al-Mahdi (AS) - travels around the world
10. Why did Imam (AS) disappear? When will he appear?
Main reason disclosed when he appears
It is Allahs will
Allah wants to test us
11. He will come when the people are ready for him:
-People were never ready
-People killed the Prophets and the Imams
-When people will realize that they need a divinely appointed leader
-When he has 313 top virtuous helpers & 40,000 pious followers who will fill the secondary position
12. If he is in occultation, how do we benefit?
" As to the benefit of my existence in occultation, it is like the benefit of the sun behind the clouds where the eyes do not see it.
13. The Shias say that the mother of Imam Mahdi(AS) was a slave. Isn't it shameful that he should be born to a slave-girl?
Imams mother - Roman princess, taken by the Arabs as a slave girl
Prophet Abrahams (AS) wife Hajra -slave
Prophet Ismail (AS) - son of Hajra
14. Prophet Muhammad (SAWW) - direct descendant of Ismail (AS)
Arent slaves human? In Islam, piety (Taqwa) carries more weight than cast, race, creed, or color
15. PROOF THAT OUR IMAM EXISTS
The Messenger of Allah said: "The stars are amnesty for the inhabitants of the heavens, and if the stars go away (i.e., become non-existent), the inhabitants of the heavens will be destroyed. And my Ahlul-Bayt are amnesty for the inhabitants of the earth, and if my Ahlul-Bayt go away (i.e., all die), the inhabitants of the earth will be destroyed."
16. WHAT WILL HE DO WHEN HE COMES? Will not bring a new religion
Will not change any regulations of Islam
It will seem to some, that he brings something new
Will reject any innovations
Will bring a divine Tafsir of Holy Quran
Will revive the Sunnah of the Prophet (SAWW)
17. ARE WE READY FOR HIM? Wajibats
Praying for his safety and success
Salaam and Arizas
He is the true ruler of the world
Against those who change religion
Preserving true religion
Respect of his name
19. IMAMS COMPANIONS Strong each with the strength of 40 men
Hearts will be as solid as steel
Strong on the inside - face many difficulties
Forbid evil - suffer insults
Intellect, reasoning and understanding
20. SIGNS OF IMAMS COMING MINOR SIGNS: General situation long period of time
MAJOR SIGNS: Close to time of reappearance, specific details of what will take place
21. MINOR SIGNS Lack of faith
Doubt about the Mahdi
Men - feminine clothes and vice versa
Women - remove Hijaab
Worship Allah (SWT) only in Ramadhan
Full of calamities
22. Worship money
No implementation of the Quran
Men will approach men and vice versa
Youth will disrespect the elders and vice versa
Sins will be committed openly
Interest will be openly charged
Huge donations for popularity, not Allah (SWT)
23. Wiser than Allah (SWT)
Children will dishonour their parents
A lot of money will be spent on music
People will move with musical instruments in their pockets
The Centre of Learning - Qum
A canal will be dug from the Euphrates through Kufa and will expand till it is joined with Najaf
12 Sayyids will claim to be the Mahdi
In each house there will dwell a devil. Not only will they dwell in the houses, but will show their appearances on the roof. On top of each house there will be an antenna.
24. MAJOR SIGNS Wars will be fought in Iran, Pakistan, India, Tibet and China
1/3 of the world will die of plague, 1/3 in war and bloodshed and 1/3 will survive
Yellow flags from direction Egypt approach Syria terror
Attack on Kufa and killings
Loud voice from the skies
Fire in the horizon
25. Sun will rise from the West
In Safar, a comet will be seen
Heavy rains in Jamadil Akhar for 40 days destruction and rising of the dead
Vision of hand and face in the sun
Sun eclipse in Ramadhan
Cry from the skies
Hajj will be prohibited
Killing of a Pure Soul