TALKING ABOUT DAILY ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS
The Simple Present Tense
is used for :
to go, to buy, to send, etc.
Am, is, are
- My sister plays the guitar.
- Mr. Kurniawan manages the shop.
- Ikram works for the Astra Company.
- Water boils at 100 degrees.
- The sun sets in the west.
- The sky is blue.
- The students go to school everyday.
- She drinks a cup of tea every morning.
- He gets up early in the morning.
- We hear some noise in the hall.
- She smells something burning.
- This medicine tastes awful.
- I believe he is right.
- He knows the answer.
- We don’t understand the questions.
The activity is happening right now/at the time the speaker is saying it.
The linking verb: am, is are + Verb 1+ ing
(going, eating, buying, etc)
a. It’s noon. I am eating lunch at the
cafeteria right now.
b. Ani can’t come to the phone right now
because she is taking a shower.
For question number 1-3. Find the correct answer by circling a, b, c or d!
1. Teacher : How do you go to school ?
Student : ….
a. I take a bus.
b. I am taking a bus.
c. I will take a bus.
d. I won’t take a bus.
It asks about your daily habit.
a. She usually explained the lessons to
b. She usually explains the lessons to
c. She is explaining the lessons to
d. She has explained the lessons to
Receptionist : I am afraid ……….
Caller : When will she back?
Receptionist : At one o’clock,
can I take a
Caller : No, thanks, I’ll call her
b. She is in her room
c. She had a meeting
d. She will be here.
The caller asks what Lia’s
Deny : Do you believe in flying saucers?
Santi : What did you talking about?
I think it’s only your imagination
is talking about ( at the moment )
5. A : What do you correct .do when you are
B : When I am nervous I’m biting my
6. Anto : Why are you correct .smile?
Anti : I’m smiling because I’m happy.
So I always smile when I’m happy
7. Father : What’s Mayang doing? correct .
Mother : ….That’s strange!
She never cleans her room
a. She is fixing the car.
b. She is studying English.
c. She is cleaning her room.
d. She is having a meeting