The Prayer Saturated Church. Mobilizing, Organizing and Motivating Believers to Make their Church a House of PrayerCommunication with the Father is the lifeblood of the church.God's tangible presence fills the church; out of communion with Him will come strategies, plans and power to accomplish the mission of the church.We must realize that a prayer ministry is a means to an end, not an end in itself. The Prayer Ministry is just not another program in the church. Having a praying church is the life flow of the church..
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. How To Establish a Prayer Ministry in Your Local Church by
Prayer Ministry Coordinator
2. The Prayer Saturated Church Mobilizing, Organizing and Motivating Believers to Make their Church a House of Prayer
Communication with the Father is the lifeblood of the church.
God’s tangible presence fills the church; out of communion with Him will come strategies, plans and power to accomplish the mission of the church.
We must realize that a prayer ministry is a means to an end, not an end in itself. The Prayer Ministry is just not another program in the church. Having a praying church is the life flow of the church.
3. Where Do You Start? Select a Prayer Ministry Coordinator The prayer leader should be a member of the church who schedules, organizes and provides general leadership over all church prayer activities. Together with the Pastor, the prayer leader gives energy and direction to the church’s prayer organization. The Coordinator makes sure prayer is integrated into the total life of the church. The Pastor should appoint and publicly recognize a prayer ministry coordinator.
4. Qualities to Look For in a Prayer Ministry Coordinator Have the heart of the Pastor and vision of the ministry.
Spiritually mature and have a strong personal prayer life.
Have the gifts of organization, leadership, communication and encouragement.
Have a good reputation in the church and the confidence of church leaders.
Be a team-player and one others want to follow.
Have a servant heart, teachable and humble.
Strong administrative skills and teaching ability.
Ability to lead prayer.
5. Prayer Ministry Coordinator Responsibilities Oversee, direct & delegate all prayer activities.
Recruit, train & mobilize intercessors.
Coordinate continued prayer education for intercessors and congregation.
Promote prayer activities throughout the church.
Meet regularly with prayer team with feedback and prayer directives.
6. Write the Vision & Goals for the Prayer Ministry Develop a Prayer Mission Statement/Vision – in harmony with Church Mission
Develop short-term and long-range goals
Develop action plans
Develop job descriptions for key responsibilities
Develop and organizational chart
7. LWCC Prayer Ministry Purpose The purpose of the LWCC Prayer Ministry is to provide prayer leadership, strategic prayer direction and prayer covering for Pastor Winston, Living Word Christian Center and the Body of Christ. We are to pray God’s Kingdom into manifestation so that the lost will come to Christ, the saints will be perfected and enjoy the benefits of the abundant Spirit-filled life, and the powers of darkness will remain subdued under our feet.
8. LWCC Prayer Ministry Mission Statement To teach and train the membership of LWCC and the Body of Christ on prayer, worship, intercession, fellowship and spiritual warfare;
To develop effectiveness in their prayers that gets results;
To motivate the saints to pray and bring them to a sense of priority and importance of prayer in their lives;
To establish prayer teams to cover LWCC, the Body of Christ and the Nations so the gospel may be preached and received freely, the enemy will remain subdued under our feet, the saints will experience victory in every area of life, and the vision, plans and projects of LWCC will be prayed through to successful completion;
To help churches establish effective prayer ministries; and
To fulfill God’s decree that His house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations.
9. Build a Prayer Leadership Team The Coordinator Can’t Do The Job Alone
Developing a strong leadership team is critical so that responsibilities are shared and all the gifts needed to operate the prayer ministry are present. Find and equip others to lead in various areas of the ministry.
Prayer Leader over Corporate Prayer
Prayer Leader over Small Prayer Groups
Prayer Leader over Prayer Training
Prayer Leader over Prayer Requests
Prayer Leader over Telephone Prayer Partners
10. Qualities To Look For In Leadership Team Reproduce good leaders - Know them by the Spirit!
A heart for the pastor, his family and the vision of the ministry
A strong, healthy personal prayer life; Spiritual maturity
Teachable spirit; humble
Ability to lead prayer
Team player; servant’s heart
Good communication skills; strong leadership traits
Submits to authority
11. Recruit/Mobilize Intercessors Develop Opportunities For Members to Become Involved in Prayer
Connect people to pray for the things that stir their heart.
Try to offer a variety of prayer models to appeal to different people – small group prayer; praying over prayer requests, telephone prayer.
Have prayer workshops on special interest topics – How to Pray for your Spouse, How to Pray for your Children, etc.
Connect people in affinity groups such as teachers, business owners, single parents, prayer walking groups, etc.
Make your prayer room a part of the new member orientation.
Have an open house prayer training to teach people about the ministry of intercession. Use this as a time to recruit intercessors for various areas of the prayer ministry.
12. A “Just Beginning” Prayer Ministry May Look Like This: Leadership: Pastor or Pastor’s wife
Personnel: PT Volunteer Prayer Coordinator
Prayer for Pastor
Prayer for Worship Service
Daily Prayer Calendar Covering the Ministry
Weekly Small Group Prayer
Prayer training for intercessors
13. An “Intermediate-Level” Prayer Ministry May Look Like This: Leadership: Pastor or Pastor’s Wife
Personnel: PT or FT paid Prayer Coordinator and Volunteers
Prayer for Pastor and worship services
A prayer room; prayer library
Weekly small prayer groups
Continuing education for intercessors & congregation
Telephone Prayer Partners
Corporate Prayer Services
14. An “Advanced Strategic-Level” Prayer Ministry May Look Like This: Leadership: Pastor or Pastor’s Wife
Personnel: Paid Staff and Volunteers
All of the beginner & intermediate level activities
Crisis and healing prayer teams
Twenty-four hour prayer
Church prayer and fasting periods
Prayer Evangelism (city transformation)
15. “For Pastors” You are the primary initiators of the vision and the motivator of the people. Preach and teach about being a house of prayer; promote it in the church and celebrate it through prayer events and activities.
Mentor and disciple the prayer leaders
Build and maintain a rapport with the prayer leaders
Publicly affirm and recognize your PM Coordinator
Set regular appointments with your PM Coordinator
Teach on and model prayer from the pulpit
Offer prayer training for your leaders
Pray for and encourage your prayer team
16. “For Pastors”
Maximize the Worship Service to Awaken the Church to Prayer. People support what the Pastor supports.
In a worship service, you can incorporate opportunities to praise God and petition God. During the worship service, Pastors are in a unique position to stir desire for prayer in the heart of the congregation.
Pastors share their own personal prayer life
Preach a sermon on the power of prayer
Give announcements from pulpit about prayer opportunities
Encourage people to give prayer testimonies
Incorporate prayer into the praise and worship time
Ask congregation to pray with neighbor about the nation, the ministry, personal need, etc
17. “For PM Coordinator” Stay Connected With Your Prayer Ministry Team
Intercessors thrive on information and feedback. Relationship is key to mobilizing prayer. Strong face-to-face interaction is vital. Set in place a system that regularly brings together intercessors for ongoing prayer, mentoring and training.
18. Be a House of Prayer! Prayer is integrated into all aspects of church life
All church leaders are involved in prayer
Prayer training and opportunities are designed for people at all levels of their spiritual journey
The prayer ministry moves outside its circle to impact everyone in the church
The prayer ministry’s goal is to call, prepare and mobilize the whole church to prayer