Drug Abuse. Psychological Dependency (Habituation)Drug necessary to maintain user's sense of well-beingPhysical DependencyPhysical symptoms if intake reduced. Drug Abuse. Compulsive Drug UsePreoccupation with obtaining drugRituals of preparing, using drug as important as drug effectsTolerance
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Drug Abuse Self administration of drug or drugs in manner not in accord with accepted medical or social patterns
2. Drug Abuse Psychological Dependency (Habituation)
Drug necessary to maintain user’s sense of well-being
Physical symptoms if intake reduced
3. Drug Abuse Compulsive Drug Use
Preoccupation with obtaining drug
Rituals of preparing, using drug as important as drug effects
Increasing doses needed to obtain drug effect
4. Drug Abuse Addiction
Plus, complete absorption with obtaining, using drug to exclusion of all else
5. Drug Abuse Suspect drug-related problem in patients with:
6. Drug Abuse Ask EVERY patient about recreational drugs.
Keep drug box/cabinet secured.
If held up, give them what they want!
7. Narcotics Opium
Synthetic opium substitutes
8. Narcotics Examples
9. Narcotics Effects
10. Narcotics Overdose Mild to Moderate Lethargy Pinpoint pupils Bradycardia Hypotension Decreased bowel sounds Flaccid muscles