National Engineer Week March 5, 2001. Egg Drop Competition. By: Rob Milstrey & John Ngui Intel Corp - Folsom. The Problem.
Egg Drop Competition
By: Rob Milstrey & John Ngui
Intel Corp - Folsom
1. Should your package be made rigid; or is it better if it collapses?
2. Should the egg be able to move, or should it be held immobile.
3. What kinds of materials or structures will absorb the shock impact?
4. How can it be designed to open easily to inspect the egg?
5. How can it be designed to withstand multiple drops from successively greater heights?
SCORE = Mass of device without egg X (Time of Fall)2
Low score wins.