National Engineer Week March 5, 2001. Egg Drop Competition. By: Rob Milstrey & John Ngui Intel Corp - Folsom. The Problem.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
National Engineer WeekMarch 5, 2001
Egg Drop Competition
By: Rob Milstrey & John Ngui
Intel Corp - Folsom
1. Should your package be made rigid; or is it better if it collapses?
2. Should the egg be able to move, or should it be held immobile.
3. What kinds of materials or structures will absorb the shock impact?
4. How can it be designed to open easily to inspect the egg?
5. How can it be designed to withstand multiple drops from successively greater heights?
SCORE = Mass of device without egg X (Time of Fall)2
Low score wins.