Rotary international & first move chess.
Provision of a Mobile Youth Counseling Clinic this August to be operated by the Planned
Parenthood Organization, NSDC, RISE Saint Lucia Ltd., Belfund and the Ministry of Health
- Tree planting in cooperation with ARC in Dennery
- Worldwide environmental projects in cooperation with World ARC in South Africa, Bali,
- Joint EC$ 500,000.00 Water Project in Babonneau
- Joint Annual Rotary Camp d-life for diabetic youth
- Fruit tree planting in schools and health centres island wide scheduled for June 2013
- Operation of Rotary food bank for app. 40 households
- Annual feeding of homeless persons
- Christmas hamper distribution to app 50 - 75 households
- Rotary Calabashers charity concerts and donations
- Rotary International Group Study Exchange
- Sponsorship of Rotaract and Interact youth organizations
- Annual “Easter Anti Drug Camp” for youth at risk
- SALCC Technical and Vocational Awards of Excellence
- Community vocational Award to 1-3 Saint Lucians
- Contributions to “End Polio Now” through the Rotary Foundation
- Maintenance of Four way Test Signs in schools island wide
- Vocational talks in Secondary Schools
- Doctors in Action
-School feeding at La Croix Maingot Primary School
Annual visit and lunch with the 100 students at Dunnottar school
- First Move Chess in Primary Schools starting in September 2012What’s Rotary?
…uses chess as a learning tool to develop critical thinking skills, improve social skills, and increase overall academic achievement for second and third graders.
Independent research states:
All studies on chess as a learning tool have shown an increase in academic achievement.
“First Move’s research and standards
based curriculum increases math and
reading aptitude.” (Woo, 2009)