2014 K-HEN Commitments. Title Block. Elizabeth Cobb Donna Meador Dolores Hagan. Welcome!. Thank you so much for your support throughout this project so far, and for helping us gain approval for continuing in 2014!. Agenda. Discussion of Commitments for 2014 :
Thank you so much for your support throughout this project so far, and for helping us gain approval for continuing in 2014!
a. Data Submission Requirements in the 10/11 clinical focus areas
b. Continued work on Patient & Family Engagement, Leadership, Teamwork, and Communication, and Measurement
c. Add/begin component of Health Care Disparities
a. Data Submission Incentive (quarterly)
b. Improvement Incentive (mid-year and at end of project)
c. Harm Across the Board Incentive -(replacing monthly progress report)
3. Education and Activities Planned for 2014
Data Submission Requirements:- all applicable topic areas
- standardized (aligned) measures for each topic – we will prescribe a minimum submission requirement & a higher level for increased incentive
- data submission schedule
- data submission tool will be coming out-
All 2014 data will be submitted directly to K-HEN via the tool instead of the CDS
Continued work on Patient and Family Engagement and Leadership– we will
continue to submit data to HRET on 5 elements of PFE and 4 elements of Leadership; we will continue to offer education and resources related to patient safety, teamwork, and communication; we will continue to
work with hospitals on data/measurement/reporting
Add/begin HealthCare Disparities Component - for now this will consist of 2 surveys throughout the year from HRET for each hospital
2014 Funding for all of the HENs based on data submission and improvement structure –
(we will provide more info on the HAB report later)
8. Sponsorships to national meetings – AHA Rural Conference, NAHQ, IHI, NPSF Congress, AHA Quality and Safety Roadmap, etc.
9. Regional Meetings
10. Other Suggestions/Needs?
11. Improvement Leader Fellowship education and activities (next slide)
Great program in 2012 and 2013 – changes to design make more beneficial to hospitals
2014 – Junior, Senior, and Champion levels
Goal – build skills in improvement in SHA and HEN hospital quality leaders through continuous learning & coaching on improvement methods & tools as applied to the Partnership for Patients content areas.
– 22 meetings March-November
- on-site meetings specifically designed to combine clinical knowledge with improvement techniques, ½ day in length, for networking & shared learning, at State Hosp. Assoc. offices (KHA?)
2. Monthly live-streamed meetings, 1-3 CT every third or fourth Wednesday of the month
Fellowship education led by IHI Faculty
Attendance requirements – 1 in-person meeting, 8 of 10 virtual meetings
Specific assignments for each level
*Secondary goals for KY – build improvement capacity for ongoing quality work, foster systems thinking knowledge, keep the enthusiasm going!