Professionalism In the Workplace. What does it mean to be a professional in Early Care and Education. Goals. Identify what makes a professional in ECE Identify ways that you can support each other to become more professional. Top 10 Clues You Are An ECE Professional….
What does it mean to be a professional in Early Care and Education
10. You leave work everyday with paint, glue, markers, play dough, glitter and other unidentifiable items on your hands and clothes.
9. You can recite the theme song to any show on Disney or Nickelodeon.
8. You know how to build a zoo, garage or house with only a few blocks and scraps of paper.
7. You can speak in acronyms and forget there are those who do not know what a PDR is.
6. 4 out of 5 pairs of your pants have worn out knees because you spend so much time on the floor with the children.
5. You know the words to Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, Green Eggs and Ham and Where the Wild Things Are without looking at the books.
4. After using the restroom at a restaurant you catch yourself singing “Row, Row, Row Your Boat” to ensure you are washing your hands long enough.
3. Some of your most prized possessions include pipe cleaner jewelry and finger paint pictures.
2. The people who work in the Dollar General know you by name.
1. You find yourself hoarding old newspapers, bottles, buttons, paper towel rolls, shopping bags, egg cartons, pens, pencils, butter containers, cell phones, t-shirts, wall paper scraps, shoe boxes, baskets, tissue boxes, purses, clothes and calendars for future classroom projects.
The problem with communication ... is the illusion that it has been accomplished.
George Bernard Shaw
How do/would you
Well, you can’t never let anything happen… Then, nothing would ever happen…
Not much fun...