Non-HBLR S2 and Unified Model of AGNs. Zhang Enpeng Wang Jianmin 04. 22. 2006. Outline. Introduction Data and analysis Conclusion. I Introduction Carl Seyfert (1943) ( --- Seyfert galaxies)
04. 22. 2006
(1) FWHM (H) > 2000 km s-1 S1
(2) FWHM (H) <2000 km s-1 S2
S1, S2 are the same objects lines in NGC1068 .
The torus is (1) face-on : S1.
(2) edge-on : S2.
(1) At least 35% of S2s have PBL (Tran 2001; Moran et al. 2000).
(2) Polarimetric surveys of complete samples of S2s suggest up to 50% of these objects have not hidden S1 nucleus.
a class of non-HBLR S2 (“real S2” ) ?
S2 lines in NGC1068 .
(1) Edge-on line of sight
and hidden of ESR.
(Miller & Goodrich 1990; HLB97)
(2) Some S2s are intrinsically weak and lack of broad line region .
(Tran2001, 2003; Gu & Huang 2002; Laor 2003).
(3) Related the absence of BLR to low Eddington ratios: lines in NGC1068 .(Nicastro 2003)
---Narrow-line S1s :
(1) FWHM (H) < 2000 km s-1
(2) tend to have lessMBH ,
super-Eddington accretion rate.
(3) pole-on orientation
(1) Isotropic parameters should have same distributions.
( MBH, accretion rates , AGN strength).
(2) Anisotropic parameters should different
样本选择 larger angles,
（1）红移 z< 0.05
(2) NH 1022 cm-2 (absorbed non-HBLR S2)
NH< 1022 cm-2 (unabsorbed non-HBLR S2)
(1) Mass of black hole (and accretion rate ):.
= FWHM[O III]/2.5/1.34
the similarity means they are in the same (early ) stage of evolution.
halo larger angles,
nucleus(2) Potential isotropic properties
The [O III] emission is on scale much larger than
L b o l = 350 0 L[O III]
There remains controversial issue on the origin of the infrared emission in Seyfert galaxies,
The ratio becomes larger with the inclination
S2 larger angles,
Suggested Scheme :
Non-HBLS2 larger angles,
unabsorbed Non-HBL S2 (NH< 1022 cm-2 ) added
Suggested evolution consequence for Seyfert Galaxies:
Thanks ! larger angles,