Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be sold or licensed nor shared on other sites. SlideServe reserves the right to change this policy at anytime. While downloading, If for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Osborn-Parnes model of Creative Problem Solving (or CPS) Developed by Alex Osborn & Dr. Sidney Parnes.
Originally approached business problems with greater imagination
Step-by-step method (6 steps)
3. In each of the 6 steps students are required to repeat the brainstorm and select process;
The students need to focus on divergent thinking, then convergent thinking;
Each step forms the creative foundation for the next step.
4. Step 1: Objective Finding Narrow focus of the problem
Diverge for concerns, challenges
5. Step 2: Fact Finding Collect all relevant information related to the problem
6. Step 3: Problem Finding Rephrasing the problem to one which makes more solutions
?In What Ways Might We ??
7. Step 4: Idea Finding List all possible ideas that might be solutions to the problem
A brainstorming step
8. Step 5: Solution Finding Diverging and converging thinking process
Evaluate the ideas with the greatest potential
Evaluation criteria: evidence-based, scientific, practical, cost-effective
9. Step 6: Acceptance Finding Consensus on the action plans
5W?s and H checklist
(Who, What, When, Why, Where, How much, How long)
10. Reference: http://www.ctp.bilkent.edu.tr/~cte206/cps.pdf
11. Discover Curriculum Model(June Maker) Developing students? strengths and creativity through varied opportunities for real-world problem solving