Chapter 7. Organizational Structures. Managerial Structures. Any business that employs more than one person needs a management plan. Management plan = divides a company into different departments run by different managers. Managers: Direct workers Coordinate activities Solve provlems.
1. Explain the organizational structures of business.
Businesses can be structured formally or informally. A formal structure is usually departmentalized. An organization can also be centralized, with authority placed at the top, or decentralized, with authority given to a number of different managers.
2. Give an example of departmentalization.
Sales, marketing, inventory, production, etc.
1. What are the three levels of management?
Top-level, middle-level, and operational.
2. Which of the three levels is most involved in the day-to-day supervision of employees?
A good manager carries out the four different functions of business:
3. Leading: creating a vision of the company to inspire employees, setting standards, communicating with employees to provide guidance and resolution of conflicts, training, encouraging and motivating employees, and offering incentives.
4. Controlling: keeping the company on track and making sure all goals are met, monitoring the budget, the schedule, and the quality of the product, monitoring employees and reviewing their performance, and monitoring customer satisfaction.
1. What are the four functions of management?
planning, organizing, leading, and controlling
2. What is a manger’s objective in leading?
Most managers begin their career as a company employee and are promoted after they have gained experience and have shown certain qualities.