Biological Basis of Social Development. Darwin wrote a book that tried to show the relationship between the emotions of animals and that of man; “The emotions of man and animals”. Question; “What is the purpose of social behavior”. Three Perspectives on Animal Behavior.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
2) FAPs are complex patterns, a characteristic that distinguishes then from simple reflexes.
3) FAPS are considered to be shown by all members of a species, or at least by all members of a given sex in appropriate age range and physiological condition within a species.
5) FAPS are regarded as self-exhausting; that is the mere occurrence of the FAP reduced the ease with which it could be reelicited. It was not the consequences of the behavior so much as it mere occurrence that made it harder for the behavior to be elicited a second time.
6) FAPS are thought to be “triggered”, by which one means that once elicited, FAPs continue independent of external stimulation. Once initiated, a sequence of motor acts would continue even if the environment changed so that the behavior was no longer appropriate. regarded a
7) The occurrence of a FAP is taken to be independent of experience; FAPS are essentially complete on their first occurrence
The top fish has no red-belly and thus generates no aggressive response by the three-stickleback.
Much of ethology has been concerned with looking at fixed action patterns of behavior , their releasing stimuli in appetitive, sexing and aggressive behaviors among conspecific animals.