Objectives:. Reassemble an engine following concise steps and detailed notes taken by the student.Utilize proper tool techniques.Reinforce lecture-based theoretical discussions.Utilize and reference engine standards with appropriate engine manuals.. Procedure Notes:. Follow the reassembly steps precisely.Be sure to reference notes and sketches you created during engine disassembly.Your engine may not be exactly like the engine in this presentation. Even if your Briggs - PowerPoint PPT Presentation
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Small Engine ReassemblyBriggs & Stratton OHV A Visual Guide
2. Objectives: Reassemble an engine following concise steps and detailed notes taken by the student.
Utilize proper tool techniques.
Reinforce lecture-based theoretical discussions.
Utilize and reference engine standards with appropriate engine manuals.
3. Procedure Notes: Follow the reassembly steps precisely.
Be sure to reference notes and sketches you created during engine disassembly.
Your engine may not be exactly like the engine in this presentation. Even if your Briggs & Stratton OHV engine is not exactly like the model used in this presentation, many of the procedures will be the same.
Use reassembly grease on all internal parts and follow all specifications!
4. Pre-Assembly Cleaning
5. Step 1: Install the Crankshaft
6. Step 2: Reassemble the Piston Rings and Connecting Rod
7. Step 2: Reassemble the Piston Rings and Connecting Rod
8. Step 3: Install the Piston and Connecting Rod in the Cylinder
9. Step 3: Install the Piston and Connecting Rod in the Cylinder
10. Step 4: Replace Connecting Rod Cap
11. Step 5: Replace Tappets
12. Step 6: Replace Cam Gear
13. Step 7: Install Crankcase Cover
14. Step 8: Install Flywheel
15. Installing Cylinder Head & Adjusting Overhead Valves Return to your measurement sheets in Chapter 9 to record your measurements.
16. Step 9: Insert Valves Into Head
17. Step 10: Install the Cylinder Head
19. Step 12: Align Rocker Arms with Push Rods & Valve Wear Plates
20. Step 13: Prepare the Cylinder for Valve Adjustment
21. Step 14: Check Valve Clearance
22. Step 15: Adjusting Valve Clearance
23. Step 16: Replace Valve Cover
25. Step 18: Insert Heat Shield
27. Step 20: Replace Carburetor
28. Step 21: Reset Governor (IMPORTANT)
29. Step 21: Reset Governor (IMPORTANT)
30. Step 22: Insert Spark Plug
31. Step 23: Replace Blower Housing
32. Step 24: Replace Muffler
36. Steps 28-29: Fill Crankcase with clean oil.
Fill fuel tank 1/3 full with gasoline.
Be sure to add gasoline, not any other fuels.
37. Step 30: Start and Run Engine
38. Step 31: Adjust Carburetor & Take Measurements
39. Step 32: Remove Fuel & Lubricant
40. Reassembly Wrap-Up Place a piece of tape on your engine that has your name as well as a report of how the engine ran.
Return engine to storage area.
Inventory and clean all tools in your assigned box.
Clean and return your engine storage bin to its storage area.
Clean and straighten your area.