1. American Express Consumer Affairs Bruce Adrine
2. WHO? AMERICAN EXPRESS COMPANY
Consumer Affairs Office
801 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Suite 650
Washington, DC 20004
3. WHO? Peggy Haney, Vice President of Consumer Affairs
Past-President of Society of Consumer Affairs Professionals in Businesses
Member of American Council on Consumer Interests
ONLY 2 PEOPLE IN AMERICAN EXPRESS’S CONSUMER AFFAIRS OFFICE!
4. WHAT? The American Express Company is a financial company that provides:
FINANCIAL ADVISING & INVESTING
TRAVEL & ENTERTAINMENT
5. WHAT? American Express Consumer Affairs Office works with:
6. Who American Express works with Consumer Action
Consumer Federation of America
The NeighborWorks Network
National Foundation for Consumer Credit
Cooperative State Research, Education and Extension Service
7. What they do... The office also provides consumers with educational material to help them manage their finances.
Consumers can find articles and advice on:
8. What they do? The American Express website provides a weekly advice column.
This week’s topic:
“Finances for the newly married”
10. Why is it important to us? American Express is a world-wide corporation that ensures customer satisfaction and quality service. Since the 1970’s American Express has been a leader in consumer privacy protection.
11. Current HOT topics Privacy
12. Related websites American Express www.americanexpress.com
Consumer Action www.consumer-action.org
Consumer Federation of America www.consumerfed.org
The NeighborWorks Network www.nw.org
National Foundation for Consumer Credit www.nfcc.org