Introduction to Autonomous Robotics. Autonomous vs RC. DEXTRE. DARPA Challenge. VEX Applications. Autonomous vs RC. RC robotics simply involves the use of a transmitter to send signals to a CPU that is dependent on constant human guidance and instruction. Autonomous vs RC.
RC robotics simply involves the use of a transmitter to send signals to a CPU that is dependent on constant human guidance and instruction.
Autonomous robots are robots that can perform continuous tasks without human intervention.
There are different degrees of autonomy. However, fully autonomous robot can:
The VEX robots can be divided into 7 subsystems:
3. Power subsystem – required for the operation of the robot. It is the circulatory system that provides the robot with energy. Batteries and power packs are used in VEX robots.
4. Sensor subsystem – gives the robot the ability to detect things in its environment. They are the eyes and ears of the robot and allow the robot to function independently of human control.
5. Control subsystem – allow human operator to control robot. The transmitter sends signals to the receiver of the robot.
6. Logic subsystem – the microcontroller. It coordinates and controls all other components of the robot. It is the robot brain.
7. Programming subsystem – a program that is the set of rules that tells the robot how to behave. Easy-C Pro.
3. Read Inventors Guide on how subsystems interact and take notes.