Journal. Explain in your own words what abuse is. What are some characteristics of an abuser? What would you do if your friend was being abused? - Would you tell someone?? If so,who ?. Abuse. Abuse - . - the physical, emotional, or mental mistreatment of one person by another .
-Would you tell someone?? If so,who?
- the physical, emotional, or mental mistreatment of one person by another.
What close relationships can you think of?
– hitting, slapping, kicking, pushing, shoving, punching, choking, weapons, and shaking (baby).
– use of words or gestures to mistreat another person.
making fun of, yelling, bullying, making someone feel stupid and worthless, and threatening physical violence.
2 main reasons:
Appearance & Social Status
*bullies pick on people they think don’t fit in.
cyberbullying news report
-When an adult sends messages or notes
the actions of these teens technically amount to distribution of child pornography, a New Jersey sex crime charge that could carry severe, lifelong penalties for these young people.
words, touching, jokes, looks, notes, or gestures with a sexual meaning.
- the pattern of repeating abuse from one generation to the next.
*** The key to stopping abuse is to break the cycle of abuse!
- The failure to meet a person’s basic physical and emotional needs