Pentateuch 2: Out of Egypt. Exodus, Leviticus, & Numbers. Structure of the Book of Exodus. I. Birth and Call of Moses Sargon, Moses, and Luke Skywalker. Structure of the Book of Exodus. 1. Sargon, the mighty king, king of Akkadê am I, 2. My mother was lowly; my father I did not know;
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Pentateuch 2:Out of Egypt
I. Birth and Call of Moses
1. Sargon, the mighty king, king of Akkadê am I,
2. My mother was lowly; my father I did not know;
3. The brother of my father dwelt in the mountain.
4. My city is Azupiranu, which is situated on the bank of the Purattu [Euphrates],
5. My lowly mother conceived me, in secret she brought me forth.
6. She placed me in a basket of reeds, she closed my entrance with bitumen,
7. She cast me upon the rivers which did not overflow me.
8. The river carried me, it brought me to Akki, the irrigator.
9. Akki, the irrigator, in the goodness of his heart lifted me out,
10. Akki, the irrigator, as his own son brought me up
Moses meets God at the Burning Bush
By David Ascalon, Congregation Beth Emeth
1440 B.C. Exodus
1250 B.C. Exodus
1. 1 Kings 6:1—480 years from temple
1. Exodus 1:11—Pithom & Ramses
2. Judges 11:26—300 years of occupation
2. Some Archaeology—Hazor, Debir, Lachish
3. Habiru possibly included Hebrews in Amarna letters.
3. Archaeology—settlement patterns in hill country & new settlements in 13th century.
4. Some archaeology
4. Merneptah—1st mention of “Israel” in 1230 B.C.
5. Merneptah—Israel an established people
5. 430 yrs. (Ex. 12:40) puts patriarchs in Hyksos period.
IV.Tabernacle (25-30, 35-40)
V.Broken and Renewed Covenant (32-34)
Dan Asher Naphtali
Gad Simeon Reuben