Meditation - Meditation, simply defined, is a way of being aware. It is the happy marriage of doing and being. It lifts the fog of our ordinary lives to reveal what is hidden; it loosens the knot of self-centeredness and opens the heart; it moves us beyond mere concepts to allow for a direct experience of reality.
What is Meditation or Inter Meditation By Lama Surya Das
Meditation - Meditation, simply defined, is a way of being aware. It is the happy marriage of doing and being. It lifts the fog of our ordinary lives to reveal what is hidden; it loosens the knot of self-centeredness and opens the heart; it moves us beyond mere concepts to allow for a direct experience of reality. Meditation embodies the way of awakening: both the path and its fruition. From one point of view, it is the means to awakening; from another, it is awakening itself. Mediation makes our body strong, health better, mind clear and our emotions become softer and positive. It improves our abilities and brings such a positive energy around us.
“By meditating, we´re learning to disengage ourselves from habitual clinging and disperse the defilements and obscurations that hinder our capacity to serve others, such as illusory feelings of scarcity and fears of deprivation. We gradually learn to be more conscious and make better choices. We develop simplicity instead of comlexity, open-mindedness instead of narrow-mindedness, flexibility rather than rigidity. We feel ourselves to be more available to others and to give more generously of ourselves.”
Benefits of Meditation:
1. Greater inner calm throughout the day
2. Reduced cortisol
3. Normalized blood pressure
4. Reduced insomnia
5. Lower risk of heart attack and stroke
6. Reduced anxiety and depression
7. Improved brain function and memory
8. Get Well faster
9. Be happy and age healthy
10. Generates motivation and confidence
11. Release fear
12. Relax nervous system
Inter Meditation - Inter-meditation is complete that does not just engage letting go of people, feelings or events, but letting them come and go. It’s about connection and letting things be.
“Inter-meditation is authentic love making – spirits connecting on multiple levels at once, both conscious and unconscious”.
Benefits of Inter-meditation:
1. Permit us to see through the illusive veils of separation.
2. Convey us beyond individual self and ego into Universal self.
3. Inter-meditation helps you heal faster and live longer
4. Takes us into the vast space and transpersonal.
5. Attach more genuinely in our relationships in a universal way.
6. Help vanquish fear and nervousness caused by our wisdom of loneliness
7. Heal mentally, spiritually and physical illness.
8. Requires no tools and can be done anywhere, anytime, quietly or in a crowded subway.
9. Dissolves comparison and decision through an inner listening that support you to be fully present.
10. Become better lovers, workers, friends and parents.
11. Brings a genuine peace
12. Offers a solution to distraction and feelings of overwhelm and powerlessness.
Inter Meditaion by Lama Surya Das
Lama Surya Das describe inter meditating as a way of meditating with others and explains it as an intentional connection in order to realize non-duality. In a earth that focuses on struggle and looking out for number one, inter-meditation is the cure for the growing sense of separation and loneliness that we are meet as a society. It’s in non-dualistic that there is no important difference between inward and outward, us and them. Instead, it takes two parts and joins them together as a whole.
Lama Surya Das shares the art of Inter-meditating from his book “Make Me One with Everything”. For more details visit here - http://www.fireitupwithcj.com/bodhichitta-tonglen-meditations-with-lama-surya-das/