European Exploration Spain, France, England: Attempts to establish colonies in North America. Themes. Why establish colonies? Actions of Spain, France, and England Interactions between Europeans and Native Americans
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
- The largest forced migration in human history.
- Cortes: Mesoamerica (Aztecs)
- Francisco Pizarro: South America (Inca Empire)
- Juan Ponce de Leon: discovers Florida
- Hernando de Soto: Mississippi River
Indians with Smallpox
Disease decimated native populations in Mexico
Differing views concerning warfare
Technology: Horses and gunpowder
By 1521 Aztecs were defeated and the Spanish created the new capital city
- Smith was released or “saved” by Powhatan’s daughter, Pocahontas who would have around 10 years old.
Thou shalt not eat each other
- Board of directors
- elected representatives
Native American Plants Taken to Europe
Old World Plants Brought to America