Welcome to sixth grade social studies!. Mrs. A. Mortimer. Learning Goal: As a result of tonight’s presentation, you will know the policies, procedures, and expectations of this course. Introduction. NA Graduate Clarion University of PA Elementary Education and Early Childhood Education
Mrs. A. Mortimer
Learning Goal: As a result of tonight’s presentation, you will know the policies, procedures, and expectations of this course.
Our little princess
As a result of this lesson, I will understand the use of map projections and how they distort Earth in different ways.
1. Learning Goal(s)/Agenda/Assignment book
2. Discuss Where in the World is Mrs. Mortimer?/Give clues (checked Thurs. this week)
3. Check/Discuss Chapter 1 Section 1 Study Guide
4. Discuss maps vs. globes – Similarities? Differences?
5. Project: Comparing Globes and Maps
6. Look at atlases (map projections/distortion) p. 184 - 185
Useless Fact:The average lead pencil will draw a line 35 miles long.