English 10/Drama. Week 4 Warm-ups, Wrap-ups, and Vocabulary. Warm-up 1/27/14. Complete the warm-up on page 26 of your language book. Announcements: Huckleberry Finn Quote Project is due January 31 st , 2014. Latin and Greek Roots Test, Tuesday, January 28 th. Warm-up 1/28/14.
Warm-ups, Wrap-ups, and Vocabulary
7. C – symbol that represents the center of the stage
8. ad-lib – any improvised stage business or conversation.
9. Scene-stealing – diverting attention from the character that the audience should be watching.
10. Tempo – speed at which a play moves along.
11. Konstantin Stanislavski – director who developed a theory of acting known as “The Method.”
12. “magic if” – term that refers to the question, “What would I do if the events in this play were happening to me?”
13. Set props – items placed onstage for use by the actors.
14. Hand props – items carried onstage by an actor.
15. Typecasting – repeatedly casting someone in the same type of role.
16. Foil – role used for comparison with another character, usually the protagonist.
17. Ingenue – young female lead between the ages of 16 and 30.
18. Juvenile – young male lead between the ages 16 and 30.
19. Building a scene – using increased tempo, volume, and emphasis to bring a scene to its climax.