Retreat on the Rock. Marketing and Branding as “One Ohio State” Presented by David Hoover September 16, 2011. The Guiding Vision. “…let us forge one Ohio State University .
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Retreat on the Rock
Marketing and Branding
“One Ohio State”
September 16, 2011
The Guiding Vision
“…let us forge one Ohio State University.
Let us begin to think of ourselves as the university, not a collection of colleges hitched to a heating plant, or a detachment of departments connected by corridors.”
— President Gee’s Address to Faculty Council, October 4, 2007
Gather Data to Inform
• Benchmarking survey completed
• Alumni segmentation underway
• Research needed in new key markets
in D.C. and New York
• Develop a university-wide strategic plan for market research
• Branding Work Group formed in 2010
• Brand architecture under consideration
• Proposed single logo visual identity system
• Developing online toolkit
• Brand Ambassador program
• Integrate with unit-based distinctions
• Brand equity/essence
• Brand descriptors
• Points of differentiation
Expect to reveal the
extraordinary in your potential.
Great value, ROI.
Pragmatic. Relevant. Real-world.
Endless connectivity and possibility.
High expectations of each other. Inspires hope.
Enormous breadth, depth, reach.
One-of-a-kind array of choices.
Nationally ranked university
accessible to all Ohioans.
Midwestern values. Capital city opportunities.
Internationally recognized, engaged.
Scarlet & Gray
Hang On Sloopy
• Advancement events
• Advancement communications
• College/unit communicators
• Social media