Retreat on the Rock. Marketing and Branding as “One Ohio State” Presented by David Hoover September 16, 2011. The Guiding Vision. “…let us forge one Ohio State University .
Marketing and Branding
“One Ohio State”
September 16, 2011
“…let us forge one Ohio State University.
Let us begin to think of ourselves as the university, not a collection of colleges hitched to a heating plant, or a detachment of departments connected by corridors.”
— President Gee’s Address to Faculty Council, October 4, 2007
• Benchmarking survey completed
• Alumni segmentation underway
• Research needed in new key markets
in D.C. and New York
• Develop a university-wide strategic plan for market research
• Branding Work Group formed in 2010
• Brand architecture under consideration
• Proposed single logo visual identity system
• Developing online toolkit
• Brand Ambassador program
• Integrate with unit-based distinctions
• Brand equity/essence
• Brand descriptors
• Points of differentiation
Expect to reveal the
extraordinary in your potential.
Great value, ROI.
Pragmatic. Relevant. Real-world.
Endless connectivity and possibility.
High expectations of each other. Inspires hope.
Enormous breadth, depth, reach.
One-of-a-kind array of choices.
Nationally ranked university
accessible to all Ohioans.
Midwestern values. Capital city opportunities.
Internationally recognized, engaged.
Scarlet & Gray
Hang On Sloopy
• Advancement events
• Advancement communications
• College/unit communicators
• Social media