PARTICIPATION. Rationale for Participation in Development :. Emerged internationally when UN announced that 1961 – 1970 as first development decade 1971 – 1980 as second development decade. Why?.
1961 – 1970 as first development decade
1971 – 1980 as second development decade
Because participation became one of the ingredients in development, to complement the approaches before 1960 which had been too economic oriented.
Bottom up approach of development is necessary. This suggests the need for people participation.
Mass sharing in implementation
Mass sharing of the benefits of
4) Attendance at community assemblies – meeting, courses, workshops, dialogue
5) Cognitive participation – being the recipients of information about community activities.
- vehicle for participation
- organization provides leadership
- CD programs are planned and
- organization provides structured
rules, procedures and
- used in channeling the resources
- People will react in a group when life is being threatened e.g. Due to flood, dengue fever, community work is easy to mobilize.
Involvement of parent in PTA
i - Target group
(Mothers who are expecting babies), including family members such as husbands.
ii - Hospital personnel such as doctors,
specialists, nurses and support staff.
iii - District clinics and the staff
iv - Researchers (IMR, University)
vi - Personnel from the Ministry of
vii - Donor agency (if any) at international level e.g. WHO
viii - Community leaders such as VDSC (JKKK)