Flextime (overview). IntroductionDefinition of FlextimePossible variations in the use of flextimeAdvantages of FlextimeDisadvantages of FlextimeQuestions to Consider When Evaluating Flextime as an Option (For Employers)Requesting Flextime (Tips for Employees)Managing Flextime Employees (Tips
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Flextime Maribel Vera
2. Flextime (overview) Introduction
Definition of Flextime
Possible variations in the use of flextime
Advantages of Flextime
Disadvantages of Flextime
Questions to Consider When Evaluating Flextime as an Option (For Employers)
Requesting Flextime (Tips for Employees)
Managing Flextime Employees (Tips for Supervisors/Managers).
3. Introduction Working at a place where we had flexible work schedules
Advantages to me
Disadvantages (shortage of employees)
Employees not showing to work
Employees leaving work early.
4. Definition of Flextime Flextime is the term used for variation work hours that permit flexibility in starting and ending times within limits set by management.
Flextime requires employees to work a standard number of hours within a given time period, usually forty hours during a 4 or 5 day week.
5. Possible variation Flex-hour/core hours
4/10 hr. day with one day off
4/9 hr. day with one 4 hr. day allowing one afternoon off
9/80 = employees work 80 hrs. in nine days with one day off every other week
Job Share: Two employees share duties and hrs. of one job.
6. Advantages of Flextime Increase coverage
Reduce overtime cost
Reduce tardiness and paid time off
Increase employee’s satisfaction
Promote cross training
Excellent recruitment and retention tool
Increase commitment, productivity, and morale.
7. Disadvantages of Flextime Can create inadequate staffing
Can create difficulties
Can create supervision challenges
Can create unhappiness for employees.
8. Evaluating Flextime Are there enough employees?
Would it increase customer services/satisfaction?
Would it help employees balance their demands?
Will it threaten productivity or the mission of the department?
Are you willing to try it?
Would you like to offer employees a benefit?
9. Requesting Flextime Evaluate your job responsibilities
Consider your department needs and any concerns your supervisor might have about flextime
What type of schedule are you seeking?
Can your productivity be maximized with flextime.
10. Managing Flextime Employees (Recommendations) Still requires management skills
Identify and discuss problem areas as they develop
Include flextime employees in all appropriate office meetings
Flextime is the supervisor’s option
Flextime is cheap and rewarding.
11. Bibliography “Flextime Work Schedules”. http://www.hrsjobs.com/html/flextime.htm
Katepoo, Pat. “Compressed workweek-pros and cons as a flexible work arrangement”. http://www.workoptions.com/compressed.htm .