B3 U 1 Festival around the world. 词汇过关. 短语习得. 重点句型. 目标解读. 词汇过关. 1. 重点单词拼写. 1) Many children s to death in Africa because of the lack of food. 【 答案 】 starved. 2) In summer, there is usually p of rain in our area. 【 答案 】 plenty.
B3 U 1 Festival around the world
1) Many children sto death in Africa because of the lack of food.
2) In summer, there is usually p of rain in our area.
3) They thought if they held some festivals, their ancestorswould be
s _________with what they had done.
4) On his a, he was greatly welcomed by his fans.
5) The colour of our nflag is red with five yellows stars on it.
6) Under the lead of our Party, we finally got I from the other countries.
7) He is such a hboy that many girls ahim.
8) He cheated her, which she would never f.
9) I hope you will always be ewhen having classes.
10) Without the teacher’s p, you cannot play with the computer in our class.
11) He managed to save the dgirl, which was praised by many people.
12) It is othat he has known the story.
mean doing sth.
mean to do sth.
mean sb. to do sth.
be meant for
starve to death = die of starvation
starve for sth=be eager for
= be thirsty for = long for
be satisfied with =be pleased with
=be content with
far from satisfactory
to one’s satisfaction // joy ;
to one’s surprise / amazement//
to one’s relief
do harm to sb=do sb harm
in the shape of
award sth. (to sb.)和award sb.sth
reward sb. for (sth.)
reward sb. with (sth.)
look forward to (hearing from you)
have fun (with sb)
( = have a good time= enjoy oneself)
1. Festivals are meant to celebrate important events. (P1)
1) mean to do sth. 打算做……
I didn’t mean to hurt you.
2) mean doing 意味……; 有……的意思
Missing the bus means waiting for another hour.
What does the word mean in this context?
3）mean sb. to do sth. 打算使某人做……
I mean you to work as our guide.
4) be meant for...打算给予；注定要成为……
English Weekly is meant for you.英语周报是打算给你们用的。
He was meant for a painter.
5）mean adj. 吝啬的; He is mean about/ over money
6) means 方式,手段; by this means= with this method = in this way
2.辨析: award 和reward：
award sb. a prize 授予某人奖
=award a prize to sb.
Sb. be awarded the top prize
= the top prize be awarded to sb.
reward奖赏, 给…报酬, 不能接双宾语;
reward sb. for sth. 因 …奖赏某人；
reward sb. with sth. 用某物酬劳某人
apologize to sb for (doing) sth
= make an apology to sb for doing sth
You must apologize to the teacher
for being so rude.
4. drown (drowned, drowned )
The floods drowned the streets and houses.
The cook drowned the fruit with cream.
There is a drowning man in the river.
drown one’s sorrow/sadness in drink
5. take place, happen, break out的比较
take place 指经过安排的事情
break out 灾难、疾病、战争等突然爆发
The World War ________ in 1914.
The football match will _________ tomorrow.
A terrible traffic accident ________ last night.
take place 不能用于被动语态中，句中短语 in the last two decades 可确定句子的时态为现在完成时。
Great changes ___ in the rural areas in the last two decades.
A. have taken place
B. took place
C. have been taken place
D. are happening
take one’s place= replace 接替/取代某人（的位置）
in place of / instead of 代替，用……而不用……
6. He thought she would keep her word. (P7)
1) word 单词；话；
have a word with...= （have a） talk with...
have words with...= （have a） quarrel with...
in a word= to be brief/ to sum up
in other words 换句话说
in words 用语言
Inform /remind /warn /cheat /rob /accuse /suspect / persuade / convince / cure sb of sth
Unit 2 Healthy eating
1) She is so fat that she has made up her mind to go on a dto lose weight.
2) Rice, noodles and bread all belong to e-giving food.
3) Wu must keep the bof nature.
4) Cdrove him to follow his friend into that restaurant.
5) There are usually a lot of cin the KFC.
6) Both of the two restaurants have their sand w, so they decided to cthem together into a larger one.
【答案】strengths, weaknesses, combine
7) They stood there, gat each other without a word.
8) Time is l. We need to hurry.
9) Looking at his son, he sand went out of the room.
1) David has a strong body. He has the to do this hard work. We had better the relationship between us. (strong)
2) The man with a look spoke . I admired his . (gentle)
【答案】gentle; gently; gentleness彬彬有礼
a healthy diet
a balanced diet
in a different way= in another way
be/get tired of
be amazed at sth
cut down on
get rid of
tell lies = tell a lie
do some research into
earn one’s/a living
= make one’s /a living
be in debt
热能 光能 风能
strength n.力气 U.；长处 C. ;
a man of great strength
She doesn’t have much strength to walk upstairs.
Chinese is her strength.
force 武力/暴力 U ; 军队C.
The robber used force to get into the house.
2. What will happen if you do not eat a balanced diet? (P9)
balance n. 平衡；余额； v. 使平衡
Riders need a good sense of balance.
keep one’s balance/lose one’s balance.
I must check my bank balance.
Weight it in the balance / on the scale 在天平上称一下
diet n. 日常饮食; v. 节食
She is dieting . = She is on a diet .
3. Sheep provide us with wool.羊供给我们羊毛。
We provided food for the hungry children.
provide sb.（with sth.）或provide sth.（for sb.）结构。
The cars will be supplied to people all over the country.
She offered me a cup of tea.她给我端了杯茶。
supply sb. with sth.或supply sth. to sb
offer sb. sth.或offer to do sth主动帮忙做某事.
4. sign:迹象\招牌\手势/姿势 ; 后面常常跟that从句。Vt. 签名; vi. 签署
signal:（报警）信号、红绿灯 A red lamp is often a danger signalsymbol: 象征 The lion is the symbol of courage 比较抽象mark:分数;
The road we should take is marked on the map .
He marked the papers yesterday .
1. There are ____that a new, different South is coming out of its dark past. A. marks B. symbols C. signs D. signals
2. The dove is a peace ____________ .
3. He ________ his name on the check .
4. She put her finger to her lips as a _______ to be quiet .
5. serve vt. 为...服务; 供应(饭菜); .服(刑);
Children must be educated to serve their country when they grow up. 必须教育孩子长大后为国家服务。
She served me a cup of coffee. 她给我端上一杯咖啡。
He served eight years in prison. 他坐过八年牢。
不及物动词 vi. 1. 服役; My father served in the navy during the Second World War. 我父亲在第二次世界大战期间在海军服役。
2. 侍候;上酒,端菜Jim is serving at the table.吉姆在侍候进餐。
Nothing could be better .