WWW BOSTON Universities, virtuosities and sensibilities: A tour of historic Boston 2009-2010. The American School Foundation of Guadalajara, A.C. WWW BOSTON Universities, virtuosities and sensibilities: A tour of historic Boston March 2012. Learning Objectives:
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
The American School Foundation of Guadalajara, A.C.
Relate Boston’s geographic, financial and political importance to the American Revolution
Discover and experience college life at several prestigious educational institutions (Harvard, M.I.T. and Berklee College of Music) and other lesser-known universities
Validate the importance and possibilities of a mathematics and science education by visiting innovative institutions, projects, businesses and museums.
General Travel Plans:
American history: The Freedom Trail is acollection of 16 keystones of American history including Paul Revere’s house, the Bunker Hill Monument and the site of the Boston Massacre.
University education: Students will visit with ASFG alumni who currently attend Harvard, M.I.T., Berklee School of Music and other Boston universities. They will also participate in a college application workshop entitled College Admissions 101 to familiarize them with the U.S. university application process.
Science & technology: Students will experience first-hand how science and mathematics relate to careers in medicine, engineering, bioengineering, and ecology and chemistry.
Entertainment: Local theatre, professional sports, day-long skitrip.
How to sign up:
You sign up with your down payment.
There will be a late fee: 2% for each payment that comes in late.
Payments will be done ONLY in the school’s cashier (No CASH)
1. We follow the payment rule “first come, first serve”.
2. If you are the 31st payment or later, you will be put on a waiting list in the order which you paid.
3. No payments at banks will be accepted for WWW trips.
4. All payments are non-refundable except if the trip is cancelled.
5. In some cases if payments have already been made but the student can’t go on a trip, transfers are possible. However, the job of finding a student to “buy” the transferred ticket rests with the student/family, not the WWW Coordinator, nor ASFG.
6. If sign-ups surpass the limit, we will consider the remote possibility of expanding the trip or creating another independent trip with the same itinerary. However, there is absolutely no guarantee that we will be able to do either of these.
7. Parents who might have difficulty making the full down payment should meet with Mr. McGrath or Mr. Parson.
8. After the trip is full or the deadline has passed, the official waiting list is maintained by Miss Jocelin Diaz. Please contact her directly if a student is interested in placing their name on the waiting list.