Independent Advocacy Qualification. (City & Guilds 7566 ). 1/8. There are three qualifications available:. Certificate of Unit Credit . This is awarded when you complete any one (or more) unit. .
(City & Guilds 7566)
Certificate of Unit Credit. This is awarded when you complete any one (or more) unit.
Certificate in Independent Advocacy (with specialism). This is awarded when you complete the 4 mandatory units PLUS any one specialist.
Diploma in Independent Advocacy (IMCA + DoLS). This is awarded when you complete the 4 mandatory units PLUS the specialist units in IMCA and DoLS.
Please note: The Diploma is awarded at the same level as the Certificate.
It is however a longer course.
- you want to gain recognition for the skills you have developed
- you want to make yourself stand out from the crowd
- you want to develop or hone your advocacy practice
- you want evidence that you have reached a standard
- you want to be an outstanding advocate
If you are working as an IMHA or IMCA, commissioning guidance issued by the DH made it clear that advocates working in these roles must have suitable training. This qualification meets this standard and many commissioners expect IMHA's and IMCA's to achieve the qualification.
- writing self reflective accounts of your practice
- being observed in the advocacy role
- completing written answers or case studies
- gathering witness statements from people who have seen you acting as an advocate
Core units £350
Specialist units £590
You can book on line by going to www.advocacytraining.org.uk
If you are interested in training a group KMT can offer substantial discounts and tailor the course to meet your needs.
For further informationplease contact Kate on 07876 158 276
or email [email protected]