Why do schools self review?. Why do schools self review?. We live in an open societyAccountabilityImprovementKnowledgeStudent outcomesSchool systems. The Context. NAG 2 requires schools to develop a strategic plan which documents how they are giving effect to the
7. School Leadership and Student Outcomes: Identifying what works and why
8. School Leadership and Student Outcomes: Identifying what works and why
16. Source: Teacher Professional Learning and Development: Best Evidence Synthesis Iteration (Timperley et al., 2007).
Assessment, including formative
Special Needs, including G and T
Regular quality Physical Activity
Reporting to Parents
Reporting to the BOT
Major property projects
Health and Safety
20. Targets Targets should be:
Based on evidence / data
C-SMART: challenging, specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, time-bound
Specific targets allow for more objective reviews
22. School self review What place do your schoolís vision, values, strategic plan, annual plan and targets have in school review?
What reference is made to your schoolís vision, values, strategic plan, annual plan and targets during BOT meetings? During management meetings?
What might YOU need to do to raise the profile of these key student achievement documents when you return to school?
23. Consultation Many reviews may require schools to consult with stakeholders.
Community survey. Likert scale?
Maori & Pasifika communities
Community focus group(s)
Student survey where appropriate
36. The New NAG NAG 2A (a) report to students and their parents on the studentsí progress and achievement in relation to National Standards. Reporting to parents in plain language in writing must be at least twice a year;
38. From 2010, schools are required to assess each studentís progress and achievement in relation to the NS and to report to parents, families and whanau in writing and using plain language at least twice a year.
At least one of the these written reports should include
1 The studentís current learning goals
2 The studentís achievement and progress in relation to the NS
3 What the school will do to support the studentís learning
4 What parents, family and whanau can to do support their childís learning