Refleksioner over grammatik og grammatikundervisning. Ulla Bryanne Lektor i engelsk University College Nordjylland. Program Når studerende bliver lærere Hvad er grammatik? Hvordan lærer man sprog? Hvordan kan man undervise i grammatik?. Når studerende bliver lærere.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Refleksioner over grammatikoggrammatikundervisning
University College Nordjylland
Når studerende bliver lærere
Hvad er grammatik?
Hvordan lærer man sprog?
Hvordan kan man undervise i grammatik?
Hvordanblev I selvundervistiengelskgrammatikigymnasiet?
Hvadhører med tilundervisningigrammatik?
Based on Celce-Murcia & Larsen-Freeman: The Grammar Book, p. 4
How is it formed?
Whatdoes it mean?
When/Why is it used?
For each of these grammatical structures, which of the three dimensions do you think Danish learners will have most problems with: how it is formed, what it means, or when and why to use it?
1. Phrasal verbs (e.g. My boyfriend ran up a huge phone bill)
2. The simple or continuous perspective (e.g. She painted/was painting the house)
3. The –ly of adverbs (e.g. She took it very seriously)
4. Irregular plural (e.g. mouse – mice)
Sprogets tre dimensioner
Bruntt & Bryanne, p. 34
Hvordanlærer man et sprog?
- Focus on the target language- Focus on the learner language
- Compares learner language to- Sees learner language as a
the target language language in progress
- Focus on product- Focus on process
- Points out mistakes - Points out progress
- Focus on the things the learner- Focus on the things the cannot do learner can do
- Summative assessment- Formative assessment
Fig. 2-2. Differences between the traditional way of assessing learner language and the interlanguage analysis
Bruntt & Bryanne, p. 22
Hvordankan man underviseigrammatik?
1. If ‘his girl friend’ is the answer to a question, what is the question we could ask to get this answer in the following sentence?
Scott gave his girl friend a bunch of flowers
2. Form questions that will give you the words in boldface as answers:
3. The words in bold are Indirect Objects in the sentences. Form a rule that will help you find the Indirect Object. Why are IOs often persons? What does the IO do in a sentence?
4. Have you noticed what forms IOs can have?
5. In which order do we often find the DO and IO? What happens with the form of the IO if we use the order IO + DO?
Bruntt & Bryanne, pp. 121-122
Bruntt & Bryanne, web chap. 13, 2-6
Rowling, J. K.:
Harry Potter and the Philosopher´s Stone, Bloomsbury, 1997, pp.7-8.
Setting the context
Teacher modelling and deconstructing
Students constructing independently
Teacher and students constructing jointly
The Teaching-Learning Cycle
Grammar is something that is done, rather than something that is known.
Bruntt & Bryanne, p. 20