Climate in Ukraine. Imagine that during your stay in Great Britain or the USA you have to give information about the climate of Ukraine. Tell about the peculiarities of the climate in Ukraine. Look at the Mind Map. Make up as many sentences as possible. Match:.
Imagine that during your stay in Great Britain or the USA you have to give information about the climate of Ukraine. Tell about the peculiarities of the climate in Ukraine.
5. But it lies close to the large continent of Asia that's why it was a moderate continental climate, being subtropical only on the southern coast of Crimea.
7. The climate varies not only from north to south, but also from the north-west to the south-east the warm damp air masses moving from the north-western Atlantic weaken become drier.
12. The snow cover protects winter cultures from freezing.
15. The average temperature in January is about 7 degrees below zero.16. Spring begins after the change of the temperature through the zero degree.
17. Light frosts are possible in spring.18. But it is the season when nature return to the life.19. Vegetation grows rapidly, there are periods of sunshine broken by occasional showers.
20. This new blades of grass come up and the fruit trees begin to blossom.21. In many parts of the country summer is warm and in the south of Ukraine it is hot.
22. It's a bright season: green trees, colourful flowers and blue sky warm cockles of our hearts.23. July is the warmest month of the year.
24. The average temperature varies in July vary from 18 till 23 degrees above zero.25. In September it's still warm, but soon comes a period of biting winds and miserable chilly days.
26. A spell of sunny weather in October is called an Indian summer.27. In conclusion, I'd like to mention that such climate conditions are favourable for farming, especially for the cultivation of field drops.