Conference: Elimination of Gender Stereotypes: Mission (Im)Possible?. Session III: Living with and Managing Gender Stereotypes in Adulthood Employer’s point of view. Helen Hoffmann UEAPME Brdo, 29 - 30 January 2008. UEAPME. European Association of Crafts, Small and Medium- sized Enterprises
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Conference: Elimination of Gender Stereotypes: Mission (Im)Possible?
Session III: Living with and Managing Gender Stereotypes in Adulthood Employer’s point of view
Brdo, 29 - 30 January 2008
Goal: Ensure gender mix in male or female dominated sectors and professions
- Specific aspects
- Attract more female apprentices in male dominated profession
- Motivate and encourage high performance
- Show opportunities
- Create high visibility through information campaign
- Acts as incentive
1)Requires a shared responsibility of society, employers, employees and education and training establishments to change mindset
2) Needs to start at a very early age
3) Is strongly influenced by family sphere
4) Necessitates supportive guidance at school
5) Requires gender neutral recruitment policy
6) Needs a sustained effort in disseminating information at European, national, regional, local and enterprise level
Thank you for your attention!
Social Policy Adviser
Tel: +32-(0)2 230 75 99