Unit 2 English around the world. Using language---reading ( 课本 P.13). Show yourself. play a part in … recognize. ?. Warming up How many dialects are there in China ? Can you list some of them? Can you imitate ( 模仿 ) ？. Reading — “ Standard English and Dialects ”.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
How many dialects are there in China ?
Can you list some of them?
Can you imitate (模仿)？
What’s the main idea of the passage?
1. How many dialects of American English have been listed in the text? What are they?
2. Why are there so many dialects in American English?
3. Why do people from both Northeastern and Southeastern of U.S. speak with almost the same dialect?
A. custom B. mountain
C. history D. geography
(1) There is a standard English.
(2) Americans can recognize and understand each other’s dialects.
(3) The USA is a large country in which many different dialects are spoken.
1. Believe it or not,…→信不信由你…
2. no suchthingas…→没有像…一样的事物
=not such a thing as…
e.g. There is no such thing as a free lunch.
→ There is no such person as Tom in our class.