The Periodic Table. BY: BRIANNA SHIELDS. DO NOW. 1. What element has the chemical symbol K? 2. How many neutrons does Hydrogen have? 3. How many electrons are in the outer orbit level of aluminum? (need to make a Bohr model). GOAL. To construct Bohr models
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
BY: BRIANNA SHIELDS
What is the name for the element group in the first column of the periodic table?
What is the name for the element group in the last column of the periodic table?
You should be coloring in and labeling your periodic table, as we take notes
1. Atomic number increases left to right, top to bottomPeriodic Table Trends
2. Groups / Families = Vertical Columns
Gp 1= Alkali metals
Gp 2= Alkaline earth metals
Gp 17= halogens
Gp 18= noble gasesPeriodic Table Trends
3. Periods = horizontal rowsPeriodic Table Trends
4. Metalloids= along stair step line (metal and non-metal characteristics)Periodic Table Trends
5. Metals= everything to left of stair step linePeriodic Table Trends
6. Non-metals = everything to right of stair step line (most common)Periodic Table Trends
7. Transition elements- elements in gps 3-12 with unusual propertiesPeriodic Table Trends
#p= 3 #n= 4 #e= 3Lithium
#p= 14 #n= 14 #e= 14Silicon