Research Methodology. LAT Chapter 13. LAT Presentations Study Tips. If viewing this in PowerPoint, use the icon to run the show. Mac users go to “Slide Show > View Show” in menu bar Click on the Audio icon: when it appears on the left of the slide to hear the narration.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
LAT Chapter 13
The developing fetus
The Horseshoe Crab
1. Single exposure: Total body radiation easiest method. Small animals are confined in plastic tubes or aluminum boxes for exposure, dogs and larger animals anesthetized. suppresses immune response to foreign cells.
2. Low level protracted semicontinuous radiation
3. Partial body radiation: uses lead shields to protect certain parts.
For rodent irradiation, animals are placed in a specially designed holder which is inserted into a ventilated chamber for a brief period of exposure.
1) directly stimulating immune cells to produce antibodies
2) prolong absorption of antigen from injection site
Cross section of the artificial capillary system. All cells grow on and between hollow fibers. Fiber number is designed to optimize diffusion of oxygen CO2 and nutrients to the cells. Low molecular weight inhibitory factors (TGFß, TNF ) diffuse away. High molecular weight product (MAB) secreted proteins are concentrated in small volumes (ECS).
Vascular Access Ports
Vascular Access Portin use
Mouse Metabolism Cage
1.Kirk, R.W. and Bistner, S.I. Handbook of Veterinary Procedures and Emergency Treatment, 6th Ed. W.B. Saunders, Philadelphia, PA, 1995.
2.Waynforth, H.B., Experimental and Surgical Technique in the Rat. 2nd. Edition. Academic Press, San Diego, CA, 1994.
3.Crow, S.E. and Walshaw, S.O., Manual of Clinical Procedures in the Dog, Cat and Rabbit, 2nd. Edition, Lippincott-Raven, Philadelphia, PA, 1997.